REV2 expression pedal assignment problems

REV2 expression pedal assignment problems
« on: February 11, 2019, 05:30:58 PM »
Hey REV2 players. Question regarding assigning an expression pedal to different parameters per patch. There is a global setting that has to be assigned to something. I can change the pedal's functionality fine there but using the modulation matrix to try to change it per patch, I'm not able to get anything to happen at all. Is the global blocking my per-patch settings? If that's the problem is there any way to set the global foot command to nothing?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: REV2 expression pedal assignment problems
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 08:03:52 PM »
Set the global paramter to CC#04... that is the default CC for a foot pedal, mine works fine with that in the mod matrix... I think that if you set it to CC#11, you would control it with the Expression source in the mod matrix... with CC#02 it's breath... the other settings to the filter is probably a direct assignment.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 03:40:08 PM »
Until I read this I didn't know about the global foot expression pedal assignment! I thought I was stuck manually assigning it to every patch.

No matter how awesome it is though, I don't think I can really use it since it isn't overridable per-patch unfortunately.

Like the OP says, it seems if you assign it globally to LPF then the mod matrix will ignore it completely. I wish I could say "half LPF" globally, but then also use the foot control to mod the noise amount or oscillator mix.

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 07:50:34 PM »
Until I read this I didn't know about the global foot expression pedal assignment! I thought I was stuck manually assigning it to every patch.

No matter how awesome it is though, I don't think I can really use it since it isn't overridable per-patch unfortunately.

Like the OP says, it seems if you assign it globally to LPF then the mod matrix will ignore it completely. I wish I could say "half LPF" globally, but then also use the foot control to mod the noise amount or oscillator mix.
It won’t help you with old patches but my Init Patch is saved with cutoff as the destination so it’s the default even if I forget to set it.

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 07:59:09 PM »
Ah ha! That's pretty much as good/better a solution for me! Silly how obvious it seems once you say it. Thank you, guyaguy.