Quality question and Playlist bug

Quality question and Playlist bug
« on: February 10, 2019, 05:24:29 AM »
Hi,

I received my Prophet X this week, and I very happy by this experience that this synth offer. After to years with my OB-6, it's very inspiring.

Even if the design is effective, I must confess that I was very surprised by some details... First of all the metal next the midi connection is bumped and let show a big whole.
The second point is that I found a screw in the package. I localised the where to put this missing screw, and that all the other screws near was not really tight. So I have also to correct this.
You can find a picture in attachement.

I notice also a bug about Playlist. I created a complete Playlist (9 sets) with my favorites patches. After shutdown the Prophet X, only the set 1, 2 and 3 was saved. I tested once again to change patches to the List 1 Set 4, and after shut down, result : nothing was saved !

Someone else meets the kind of problems ?

Shaw

Re: Quality question and Playlist bug
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 07:23:37 AM »
Hi,

I received my Prophet X this week, and I very happy by this experience that this synth offer. After to years with my OB-6, it's very inspiring.

Even if the design is effective, I must confess that I was very surprised by some details... First of all the metal next the midi connection is bumped and let show a big whole.
The second point is that I found a screw in the package. I localised the where to put this missing screw, and that all the other screws near was not really tight. So I have also to correct this.
You can find a picture in attachement.

I notice also a bug about Playlist. I created a complete Playlist (9 sets) with my favorites patches. After shutdown the Prophet X, only the set 1, 2 and 3 was saved. I tested once again to change patches to the List 1 Set 4, and after shut down, result : nothing was saved !

Someone else meets the kind of problems ?
None whatsoever.  The build quality of mine is excellent. If you bought this new, return it and get another one.  It will only cost you a week or so of your time to get the replacement, but you’ll be glad you did.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

laurentluigi

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 07:54:24 AM »
You're right!
Send it back to have a new one.
Maybe you can send the serial number to Sequential to found out the truth...
That's very strange.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 09:18:51 AM »
Don't even experiment with fixing it; you may end up voiding the warranty.  Return it for another unit that's 100% satisfactory.

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 09:20:06 AM »
No build quality issues here.  I'd follow the advice everyone else has already given and exchange it.  On the other subject...

I believe Play Lists are saved when you exit the editing mode.  Be sure to press the Play List button again after making any desired changes.  Then you can turn it off and all your changes should have been preserved.

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 10:22:01 AM »
It seems in France there is a lot of stock... I'll check with the shop.

Concerning the setlist you are right Lady Gaia ! If you modify the sounds, it's only saved if you disable the Playlist. I still think it's a strange behaviour.

Thanks for your reply.