Guides?

Guides?
« on: February 10, 2019, 03:47:41 AM »
Hi all. I’m new to the synth world, but with a decent background in music I’m hoping to pick it up fairly quickly.

I understand the parameters to a basic level and how they affect eachother and modulate eachother, and how to direct oscillation onto certain parameters.

But it would be good to have some guidance on how to get some basic, generic sounds because right now I’m stabbing in the dark a bit.

Can anyone recommend a video or website that can give me some tips for absolute beginners?

Thanks. :)

Re: Guides?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 10:26:28 AM »
I’ve not watched it but this seems pretty comprehensive. Or at least long!  ;D

https://youtu.be/kqcE1OjWtZE

jg666

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 02:09:33 PM »
I found the Paul Dither video mentioned above useful for starters :) Also check out on YouTube GEOSynths - as well as demos for his REV2 sound packs, there’s also some  Sound Design Tutorials for the REV2. He also has tutorials for other synths which could be of interest to you.
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 12:09:09 PM »
I would initialize a patch and play with only one osc, one LFO, and both the filter and VCA envelope to get a basic understanding of analog synthesis. Then you’ll realize everything else is just more of that (for the most part). Best way to learn analog synthesis is a one osc mono synth in my opinion but you can’t buy one just for that.