Mono case - flight carry on

Mono case - flight carry on
« on: February 09, 2019, 02:57:34 AM »
Hi all,

Does anyone have and use the Pro 2 mono case?
https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/180205322169008--dave-smith-instruments-pro-2-gig-bag?gclid=Cj0KCQiAkfriBRD1ARIsAASKsQJ_JB7eTG6q0HlmEMZAxOqYGS03Bgkxk9A7lQdyd1Rk9hyJGm9vA90aAtEiEALw_wcB

I'm wondering if anyone has had any success taking it on as hand luggage for flights. Figuring out how best to transport my live set up without spending out for extra check in bags, also, for lightweight carrying stuff round London.

Re: Mono case - flight carry on
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 04:00:00 AM »
I have one but it’s still in the packaging. It was included in the price of my Pro 2 but I’m only using it at home at the moment. That’s probably not helpful.

It probably depends very much on the airline. British Airways have a very musician-unfriendly policy at present whereas some of the budget airlines are much, much better. Check the policies and have a copy with you when boarding so you can counter any ignorance from staff.

drxcm

Re: Mono case - flight carry on
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 02:15:46 PM »
It’s too big for internatipnal carry on.
The USA has a musical instrument carry-on policy but I believe its only national and most of the rest of the world will make you check that size / weight bag