Old Saved Beats Are Now Changing Octaves and Pitches? Help!

Old Saved Beats Are Now Changing Octaves and Pitches? Help!
« on: February 23, 2016, 11:05:50 AM »
I've got a very strange error that just started happening to me today. When I load up an older beat, oscillators' pitches are ALL over the place from where they were saved (and loaded successfully, thousands of times for years). I have this one beat, and every single synth pad is now something like 4 octaves lower. There's another, where it seems like they are just completely different pitches now. I tried to transpose them from the sound source, but it won't listen to the changing pitch (in the oscillator, or changing the pitch of the entire beat from 16 beats). The only thing that will affect the pitch is the master transpose controller, and that doesn't give me enough to fix the problem. What's going on here? Do I need to reinstall the OS?

If it makes a difference, these beats were created on 1.0 and I have recently updated to 1.4, and this may (not completely sure, but i think so) be the first time I'm playing these old beats in the new OS. Do I need to reinstall my OS? Wipe the whole thing clean and start again? I backed up the old beats before updating. Newly created beats (as in since I updated) are playing back fine, by the way.

Please help, I'm at a total loss!  :-[

Re: Old Saved Beats Are Now Changing Octaves and Pitches? Help!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 03:08:55 AM »
Have you calibrated?

Re: Old Saved Beats Are Now Changing Octaves and Pitches? Help!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 05:21:11 AM »
This happens to me from time to time. Happened the other day actually. Happens to beats that were created long ago that I have always kept on the tempest well updating.

Anyway, the fix for me is usually just reload the beat or project again an that fixes it. If not then I restart the machine. If it still persists which is unlikely then I recalibrate the machine.