P12 Discontinued - Future Support?

P12 Discontinued - Future Support?
« on: February 07, 2019, 07:23:33 AM »
Absolutely love my Prophet12 and hope it stays with me for a long time! However I red today that the P12 Line is discontinued by Sequential.

What does this mean for future support of the product? If something on my Hardware should break, is their still a possibility for Sequential to help repair it?

Re: P12 Discontinued - Future Support?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 09:07:02 AM »
I wouldn't worry about support if I were you.
If there's anything that DSI/Sequential have proven over time is that generally speaking support for all their products is excellent - it's one of the reasons I'm such a fan of theirs tbh.
It's VERY important to have trust in a company when you make a major purchase (lets face it DSI synths aren't cheap), and compared to a company like Roland for example who just abandon flagship products like the Jupiter 80 and Integra 7, DSI/Sequential are in a different league in that regard offering bug fixes and even adding features with firmware updates years after products have initially been released - class!
They did this with the Prophet 12 too, so I'm sure they wouldn't undo all that by abandoning support and am confident they[size=78%] will be able to make repairs and replacements for those who might need them for a few years to come.[/size]
Discontinuing a product often means a new product is in the pipeline, so don't be surprised to see a new synth from them soon.
If they gave us a true hybrid 4 oscillator synth with two analogue oscillators from the REV2 and 2 DSP oscillators from the P12 with 6 LFOs and the same UI as the P12 I'd be chomping at the bit to get it - especially if they give it a proper keyboard action this time (only thing I'd change about the P12).
Hope springs eternal. :)

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 11:12:57 AM »
You don't have anything to worry about regarding legacy support. We are still fixing 15+ year old Evolvers. There isn't an instrument we have made that has stopped being supported.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 12:13:06 PM »
Great  :) Thats good to hear!

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 06:59:38 PM »
You don't have anything to worry about regarding legacy support. We are still fixing 15+ year old Evolvers. There isn't an instrument we have made that has stopped being supported.

That's very very important.

LoboLives

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 08:36:29 PM »
I wouldn't worry about support if I were you.
If there's anything that DSI/Sequential have proven over time is that generally speaking support for all their products is excellent - it's one of the reasons I'm such a fan of theirs tbh.
It's VERY important to have trust in a company when you make a major purchase (lets face it DSI synths aren't cheap), and compared to a company like Roland for example who just abandon flagship products like the Jupiter 80 and Integra 7, DSI/Sequential are in a different league in that regard offering bug fixes and even adding features with firmware updates years after products have initially been released - class!
They did this with the Prophet 12 too, so I'm sure they wouldn't undo all that by abandoning support and am confident they[size=78%] will be able to make repairs and replacements for those who might need them for a few years to come.[/size]
Discontinuing a product often means a new product is in the pipeline, so don't be surprised to see a new synth from them soon.
If they gave us a true hybrid 4 oscillator synth with two analogue oscillators from the REV2 and 2 DSP oscillators from the P12 with 6 LFOs and the same UI as the P12 I'd be chomping at the bit to get it - especially if they give it a proper keyboard action this time (only thing I'd change about the P12).
Hope springs eternal. :)

Here here, my dad was struggling to buy a Roland V Piano from Roland who kept insisting he’d get the new RD2000 instead. He ended up getting a used one which had a few flaws (nothing major, still perfectly workable) He asked Roland if they had any parts for it and they told him they don’t make or sell V Pianos anymore. He asked why the product was still listed on their website and couldn’t get a straight answer.