P6 keys are playing 4 notes up?

P6 keys are playing 4 notes up?
« on: December 14, 2021, 01:11:10 PM »
Just picked up a used prophet 6 and the output is not playing the desired key?  When i play an F its showing an A#.  Every key is outputting 5 steps up?

To add, even when i start from an init patch it is still outputting 5 steps up.  Its not that the sound has a fifth/chord

Cheers!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 01:23:08 PM by altosix »

Re: P6 keys are playing 4 notes up?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 01:26:42 PM »
Just picked up a used prophet 6 and the output is not playing the desired key?  When i play an F its showing an A#.  Every key is outputting 5 steps up?

To add, even when i start from an init patch it is still outputting 5 steps up.  Its not that the sound has a fifth/chord

Cheers!

Hello! Can you hit the Globals button once, touch the 1 button (for Master Tune) once and tell us what the numerical value on the screen says?

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 01:29:04 PM »

Cheers!

Hello! Can you hit the Globals button once, touch the 1 button (for Master Tune) once and tell us what the numerical value on the screen says?

Thanks for the reply.  Hit globals once, then 1, and screen is showing 01.  This is when the globals button is lit red. if i hit it again and its lit orange, then hit one, it shows n0r

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 01:36:06 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  Hit globals once, then 1, and screen is showing 01.  This is when the globals button is lit red. if i hit it again and its lit orange, then hit one, it shows n0r

Interesting. I would have expected that value to read 07, perhaps. Maybe your used P6 arrived set to an alternate tuning (which is another Globals setting).

Perhaps the best next step would be: Can you reset global settings to factory defaults by holding Globals and pressing Write. Does that fix the issue?   

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 01:37:32 PM »

Interesting. I would have expected that value to read 07, perhaps. Maybe your used P6 arrived set to an alternate tuning (which is another Globals setting).

Perhaps the best next step would be: Can you reset global settings to factory defaults by holding Globals and pressing Write. Does that fix the issue?

Haha that fixed it! Thanks!