Modulate Clock-Sync'd LFO Frequency/Divisions?

Modulate Clock-Sync'd LFO Frequency/Divisions?
« on: February 06, 2019, 10:42:14 PM »
Hi all, my question is pretty simple: I want to use an LFO (or envelope, or other mod source) to modulate the frequency of an LFO, but an LFO that's clock-synced, so the modulation would make it step through different divisions of the BPM.  It doesn't seem to work when I try.  Am I out of luck, or am I missing something?

Re: Modulate Clock-Sync'd LFO Frequency/Divisions?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 09:03:54 AM »
I don't think it can be done with Clock Sync on, unfortunately.  I have wanted this ability as well!!, and spent a bunch of time trying to figure out if there was a workaround... it would allow for some really cool animated, rhythmic effects/modulations.   Seems like something that could be added with minimal programming changes.  Feature request, Seq team!   
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 09:07:17 AM by creativespiral »

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

maxter

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 09:38:04 AM »
+1 It would be very cool indeed!  8)
The Way the Truth and the Life

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 01:50:52 PM »
+1.

I was quite surprised when I found out this couldn't be accomplished with the Rev2 way back when I got it. They seem to have thought of everything else under the sun though. My Sub 37 and Minitaur both allow this as well as my Prologue. You could always automate the LFO rate knob itself though, couldn't you?

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 02:41:17 PM »
+1
Clock dividers/multipliers are pretty standard now so this is a bit of a miss.

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 01:02:47 AM »
This would be so huge. You can do this on my Moog M32’s sequencer and I love the glitchy noises I can get but I don’t really use the sequencer on it so unfortunately it’s not applicable for me.

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 06:27:52 AM »
It would be very cool; you could also add ratcheting to the list.

maxter

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 09:04:20 AM »
+1.

I was quite surprised when I found out this couldn't be accomplished with the Rev2 way back when I got it. They seem to have thought of everything else under the sun though. My Sub 37 and Minitaur both allow this as well as my Prologue. You could always automate the LFO rate knob itself though, couldn't you?

I suppose so... Good idea, only real drawback is you'll have to switch the knob setting to CC instead of NRPN if you, like me, are using an editor with the Rev2. But it should be possible at least. A bit limiting, and not quite as convenient as if you could route the gated sequencers, lfos and envelopes etc...

I believe it's on the request list at least, so hopefully they'll get around to implementing it eventually...
The Way the Truth and the Life