Gated Sequencer MIDI Toy (beta)

Gated Sequencer MIDI Toy (beta)
« on: February 02, 2019, 07:40:20 AM »
Hi : )

I made a webmidi gated sequencer programmer for the Rev2. Only works in chrome.

Still in beta, and only works one-way, - turning knobs on the Rev2 will not be reflected in the interface at this time.

The url for the beta is http://patchstash.com:8000.

Patchstash.com (without port) is my 0Coast patch library, - feel free to check that out also, never really got it started up.

Instructions:
-------------

Load up the page, and hopefully you have the two listboxes in the top populated with your midi interfaces. Select the appropriate interface for controlling your Rev2 and click Connect. 

Note again that the programmer application now presents itself in a default state, - it has no knowledge at all of the current settings on the Rev2, - in this version, it only knows what it does itself going forward.

The 53 destination buttons are tied to the "Destination Select" radiobuttons. Click a Track radiobutton, then select the Destination Button. 

You can modify steps in as many of the four tracks at one time as you want. Click "Show Track", "Modify Track" to enable modification of tracks, then click-hold mouse and drag on the chart, or select an Auto Shape, to apply to all selected tracks.

DISCLAIMER !

- Generally always save your Rev2 programs and make sure to backup any critical data on your unit, prior to using any public third party midi tools.

- All changes are sent to your synth in real-time, - no undo / submit !

- To the best of my knowledge the tool works correcly, but I assume absolutely no responsibility for any unexpected results!

- Certain very small or fullscreen browser sizes or aspect ratios may cause unexpected behaviour operating the chart area. Nudge your browser size and report if it's too bad.

Have fun and let me know if it's useful, and more importantly if something doesn't work.

Re: Gated Sequencer MIDI Toy (beta)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 08:40:42 AM »
What the?! You rule. Thanks.