Gated sequencer values

Gated sequencer values
« on: February 02, 2019, 04:23:09 AM »
I'm trying to automate the low pass cutoff with the gated sequencer but I struggle with values.
So I naively noted some LPF cutoff values, reported them to the gated sequencer, set the cutoff to zero and... that is definitely not the expected cutoff that are played. Also the filter cutoff goes up to 164 while gated values are stuck to 125. So I tried to report cutoff, dividing by 164 and multiplying by 125 but also doesn't work.

Anybody can give clues on how to map gated sequencer to other values? I guess it will be pretty much the same issue with any other control ?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 04:48:23 AM by Tugdual »

Re: Gated sequencer values
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 06:44:54 AM »
I'm trying to automate the low pass cutoff with the gated sequencer but I struggle with values.
So I naively noted some LPF cutoff values, reported them to the gated sequencer, set the cutoff to zero and... that is definitely not the expected cutoff that are played. Also the filter cutoff goes up to 164 while gated values are stuck to 125. So I tried to report cutoff, dividing by 164 and multiplying by 125 but also doesn't work.

Anybody can give clues on how to map gated sequencer to other values? I guess it will be pretty much the same issue with any other control ?

I had a similar problem with the gated sequencer. Not every modulator has the same impact on what you control. Razmo explained that in an other subject. I remember when I had a Matrix 6r; you could almost predict/calculate what effect something has on something else. Because everything had the same range. And letting 2 sources control 1 destination with both 20% would end up 20% precisely.
For me it is no real problem anymore, I like to do everything by ear.

If you want to find out the relation; you could spend some time on finding it out the differences.