(Nearly) full MIDI controller mapping OB6 to RePro and Diva

(Nearly) full MIDI controller mapping OB6 to RePro and Diva
« on: February 01, 2019, 02:59:49 PM »
Hi,

for anyone using the u-he RePro or Diva softsynths:

I created a Reaper MIDI Mapper "plugin" and related RePro and Diva midiassign files, which give you the following functions:

- Mapping of nearly all OB6 parameters
- Relative and Fine knob modes
- Various special mappings, e.g. OB6 Pan Spread to RePro-5's eight Oscillator Pan "Tweaks", and Detune+Unison affecting various Diva parameters
- Shift function (to control the third oscillator in Diva with the oscillator 1 knobs, control more FX parameters, etc.)

For details and to download the required files, go to the u-he KVR forum: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=519439

Best regards,
Edo

Re: (Nearly) full MIDI controller mapping OB6 to RePro and Diva
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 07:31:28 AM »
Wooow...that sounds interresting. I have both plugins and will give this a go! Thanx

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 10:26:15 AM »
Ok I had a chance to test them all but quick. I got it working with all 3 plugins :D Again, great work.
Next time i will take some time to understand the complete mapping, but cutoff, resonance and the envellopes worked :D

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 02:02:05 PM »
... cutoff, resonance and the envellopes worked :D
Haha!
In total, the midi assignment files have about 750 entries. So it would be quite a big error if cutoff and resonance didn't work!
I hope some more people try my files (Reaper MIDI Plugin script + related u-he MIDI assignment files) out, because I think they work really well in "closing the gap" between hardware and software synthesizers with regard to usability (if you are lucky to have an OB6  ;) ).

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 08:00:19 AM »
I hope I was clear. Your complete setup is working. It's just that it took me some time to do the setup and change the midimessage files that I ran out of time to check all the parameters. But now that all is set up I will take some time to see what you did there.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 08:14:57 AM by Knob twiddler »

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 03:06:14 PM »
I was 90% sure what you meant. But I wanted to make certain there is no misunderstanding.
I would be happy to read more feedback (if you have the time).

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 12:08:20 PM »
Meanwhile, I also created Reaper Scripts and Mapping files for
  • u-he Hive
  • TAL U-No LX
  • TAL BaseLine 101
  • OP-X Pro II
If anyone is interested, I could also post these. Let me know.

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 04:47:55 AM »
Meanwhile, I also created Reaper Scripts and Mapping files for
  • u-he Hive
  • TAL U-No LX
  • TAL BaseLine 101
  • OP-X Pro II
If anyone is interested, I could also post these. Let me know.

-- now posted here: https://www.sequencer.de/synthesizer/threads/dave-smith-ob6-analog-synthesizer.111027/page-32
(Sorry, forum is in German. But I wrote the usage notes in English.)

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 04:39:04 AM »
I tried to register there (even a few times times) but I can't get a registration. Any chance of uploading them here?
Would love to try them out.

Edit...after 7 times it worked  ;)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 04:56:07 AM by Knob twiddler »

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2021, 01:30:57 PM »
Hi,
I recently discovered that for Reaper users there is a fantastic new plugin called ReaLearn, which allows what I have programmed here "manually", with configuration only. Technically much more elegant, and better usability!
I published presets for OB-6 and Prophet-6 (not tested, but should work) as well as Behringer X-Touch Mini (with Feedback to the LED rings) that map to various Softsynths here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=253031
and here https://github.com/vonglan/realearn-sy-presets
Cheers,
Edo

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2021, 01:46:48 PM »
Update: I added mapping presets for Dexed (free FM softsynth).
These use the modulation buttons to select operator and then the 8 envelope knobs to change parameters.