Save randomly failed without notifying

KaB

Save randomly failed without notifying
« on: January 30, 2019, 06:50:14 PM »
Hello,

I acquired a Tempest few days ago and noticed saving a project can sometimes not save anything even though the screen says "project successfully saved".
I regularly save my project in case I make a mistake and need to reload it. But sadly, I sometimes happen to load an older version of my project from the one I lately saved, losing few hours of work.

Is it a known issue? Am I doing something wrong?
I don't have any repro step atm so I assume this issue is randomly happening (I'll let you know if I end up finding some solid ones).

Thanks for your help

Re: Save randomly failed without notifying
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 07:40:53 PM »
Are you using the latest OS?

KaB

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 03:56:06 AM »

Main OS: 1.5.0.2
Voices: 1.4
Panel OS: 1.3
Sam OS: 1.1

Are those the latest?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 04:08:07 AM »

Main OS: 1.5.0.2
Voices: 1.4
Panel OS: 1.3
Sam OS: 1.1

Are those the latest?

no... your VOICE OS is not up to date, the rest are fine... the latest VOICE OS is 1.5 :)

I hardly believe that this is the cause of your problem though since that OS would be for the processors that control each voice, and i do not believe that those have anything to do with actual saving. But you really should update the Voice OS anyway.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 04:12:55 AM by Razmo »
If you need me, follow the shadows...

KaB

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 04:22:05 AM »
Ahh yep, I'll update them then. I'll see if this is still happening after that.

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 05:19:44 AM »
And keep in mind that you must save your Projects/Beats/Sounds before you turn off your Tempest cause it doesn’t have a temporary memory.

KaB

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 07:28:13 AM »
I might have found the reason, which is me :P

I think I happened to mechanically leave the saving menu when the overwritting message appears, thinking it actually was the "Project successfully saved", which led me to not save the project at all. I just surprised myself doing it so I suspect this may have been the cause for previous cases.

I use the Octatrack a lot and it has a quick save key, so saving is way faster on this one, I just need to get used to the way it's done on the Tempest I guess.

I'll let you know if this still happens but I'm pretty sure it was all because of me ;D

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 08:42:20 AM »
I new it cause i also owned OT..Indeed with it you don’t have to worry about switching it off and losing things..

KaB

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 06:04:51 AM »
Ok this just happened again and I figured why: I save my stuff in 'Project 1' destination folder, and sometimes for some reason the default saving destination folder is set back to Factory. So I saved my stuff in Factory folder without noticing, and then reloaded them back from Project 1 which were older versions.