Issues with the REV2 effects...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Issues with the REV2 effects...
« on: January 28, 2019, 02:11:55 AM »
Do any of you guys with a REV2 also experience that the Chorus and Flanger effects introduce clicks and pops when used?

Listen to this clip that I did... I really find that this clicking makes the Chorus rather unusable... I cannot remember that I've heard this earlier so I'm curious if this is a later OS introduced thing.

http://razmo.ziphoid.com/ChorusClicks.wav

Another thing that bugs me is the Phaser FX... it does not sound smooth enough regarding the triangle modulation... it's as if the upper part is smooth, but the downpart is kind of "springy"... it's like the modulation does not stay long enough in the "down phase".
If you need me, follow the shadows...

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
Re: Issues with the REV2 effects...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 05:13:57 AM »
The only time I've noticed the clicks is when "Sync" is selected in the FX section.  I don't think these types of FX can actually tempo sync.
GEOSynths - Fresh, new sounds for DSI Prophet REV2 (Vol 1 & 2) - Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB6 (Volume 1 & 2)  Novation PEAK - Behringer DeepMind 12 (Vol 1 & 2) - Korg Prologue - Korg KingKorg - Nord Lead A1 - Roland System 8 & Roland Cloud.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: Issues with the REV2 effects...
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 05:39:46 AM »
You're right... I had sync on, and switching it off removes it... I just do not get why that would make them click like that... there is certainly something going on when Sync is on with these FX types, but if they do not Tempo Sync, I don't get why they would click anyway...

but at least you can get the clicking away then... that's the most important thing, because it's useless with those clicks. I'm wondering if the clicks happen because the phase of the modulating LFO is reset abruptly at every note-on... that might explain it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 05:44:02 AM by Razmo »
If you need me, follow the shadows...