Decksaver Instrument Covers

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Decksaver Instrument Covers
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 03:04:22 PM »
I have one for my Subsequent and my son has one for his Monologue. They’re really good. Currently they only make 3 DSI/Sequential covers: P6/OB-6 and (I think) Toraiz. I did email them a couple of weeks ago to ask if there were any plans to make one for the Pro 2 and they said they are “reviewing the DSI line” (whatever that means). They’re actually quite local to me too.

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 03:08:16 PM »
I have one for my D05 and my Microbrute. They are nicely made, though I realize now the Microbrute one makes it hard to include with the original box when selling (I'll be selling mine soonish).

I'm thinking of springing for a Stardust cover for my OB-6D, though. It can't be accidentally broken. Sliced, I suppose, but even then that's reparable.
Prophet 12, Modal 002, MFB Dominion 1, Behringer DeepMind 12D, Korg Polysix & EX-8000, Roland JX-8P, Ensoniq SQ-80, Kawai K3m and now an OB-6!

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 08:06:17 PM »
I use Digital Deck Covers' black quilted cotton dust covers for my instruments.  They're great.  What's the purpose or advantage of the Decksavers, other than the visibility of the instrument?

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 01:21:41 AM »
I bought one for my OB 6 and returned it, I think it'd damage the wood because it was too tight.
I have 2 for my 2 Yamaha refaces and for those are Ok imo

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 10:06:04 AM »
I have one for my D05 and my Microbrute. They are nicely made, though I realize now the Microbrute one makes it hard to include with the original box when selling (I'll be selling mine soonish).

It’s the same with all of them to be honest as the original boxes and inserts for the synth are moulded to fit the instrument. One could perhaps cut the polystyrene inserts to make the cover fit.

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 07:20:38 AM »
I use Digital Deck Covers' black quilted cotton dust covers for my instruments.  They're great.  What's the purpose or advantage of the Decksavers, other than the visibility of the instrument?
I use their vinyl covers for a few of my instruments, though I've switched to Gator cloth ones more recently. They're obviously a little more variable in how well they fit, but the savings are pretty significant.
Prophet 12, Modal 002, MFB Dominion 1, Behringer DeepMind 12D, Korg Polysix & EX-8000, Roland JX-8P, Ensoniq SQ-80, Kawai K3m and now an OB-6!

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 04:11:32 PM »

They are hard plastic so afford much more protection should anything fall or het spilled onto it.

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 05:29:10 AM »

They are hard plastic so afford much more protection should anything fall or get spilled onto it.

A bit more should anything fall, but since they usually cover just the top, they don't provide more protection against spills than nylon, vinyl, or leather covers.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 07:08:39 AM »
The Digital Deck Covers are so much better, even though they're only thick cotton or nylon.  They cover the entire instrument, including the sides, front, and back - everything except the underneath.

https://www.digitaldeckcovers.com/dave-smith-instruments
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 07:10:54 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2019, 08:00:07 AM »
The Digital Deck Covers are so much better, even though they're only thick cotton or nylon.  They cover the entire instrument, including the sides, front, and back - everything except the underneath.

They do look good. It’d get costly for me with import duty to the UK though.

https://www.digitaldeckcovers.com/dave-smith-instruments

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 09:54:17 AM »
Then hurry up before you're no longer in the EU:

https://www.stardustcovers.com  ;)

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2019, 05:59:31 AM »
Then hurry up before you're no longer in the EU:

https://www.stardustcovers.com  ;)

Ironically that may end being cheaper (not that I’m holding out hope of any kind of trade deal with the USA). To be honest the whole situation is farcical and depressing in equal measures. I have children in mainland Europe and it’s going to cause all manner of problems for us.

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2019, 07:24:14 PM »
I do like it for my Novation Peak but for my growing DSI instrument module collection I use Quilted Digital Deck covers they even have one for my Moogmodular.

I leave the one on my peak since I operate it remotely and its nice to see the status.
Moog Modular Model 15,Korg Prophecy,Korg Z1,Nord Modular Keyboard,DSI OB6,DSI P12,DSI Rev 2 16voiceMoog Minimoog D,SEM Modules,Moog Slim Phattys,Alesis QS 8.1,Alesis QSR,Roland Integra 7,Genelec 8341s,8040,8030,Novation Peak,Kawai K5000R,Eurorack Modulars,etc..

ddp

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2019, 02:41:42 PM »
I use DigitalDeckCovers for all my synths too.  Good group.  They sent me one that didn't fit and remade it within a week after I sent them better measurements, no charge.
Linnstrument, Pro 3 SE, Tempest, Prophet 10 & 12, Synclavier Regen, Cirklon 2, Torso T-1, Max/Ableton/Push 3, Kawai MP11SE, Pioneer Pro XDJ-XZ.

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2020, 04:04:45 PM »
I cover my keyboard, but my mixer, drum machine and Tetra just get dusted every few days. Is there any disadvantage to this over a cloth cover or decksaver, aside from the dusting? As long as I only have a few pieces of gear, it's no big feat imo.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2020, 04:41:58 PM »
It's a matter of preventing dirty scratchy pots.  Dusting with a brush doesn't keep the dust away; it just removes it from the outside.  A duskcover will help to prevent the dust from settling inside the mixer/instrument.

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2020, 05:25:05 PM »
Ah, that makes sense. Since I already have some sheets of material at home, I might cut some pieces out of that. I'll definitely look into it.