P12 Keybed replacement

P12 Keybed replacement
« on: January 26, 2019, 08:28:10 AM »
Hi does anyone know the model of the keybed who the manufacturer is and where I can buy one? as mines not in good shape, ive tried dsi but they ask for photos as proof, ive explained I want to purchase and im not blagging a replacement and they closed my tab.

Re: P12 Keybed replacement
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 12:51:26 PM »
Hi does anyone know the model of the keybed who the manufacturer is and where I can buy one? as mines not in good shape, ive tried dsi but they ask for photos as proof, ive explained I want to purchase and im not blagging a replacement and they closed my tab.

Try Syntaur: https://syntaur.com/dsi.html#p12

They definitely have parts to replace bad bits on your current one, and may have whole keybeds. They'll also definitely know the make and model.
Prophet 12, Modal 002, MFB Dominion 1, Behringer DeepMind 12D, Korg Polysix & EX-8000, Roland JX-8P, Ensoniq SQ-80, Kawai K3m and now an OB-6!

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 04:13:42 AM »

What's the problem with your keybed?

My P12 keybed developed some lazy keys that didn't respond properly to light playing, so I contacted Sequential support asking for tips on how to clean the contacts. The immediately created a support ticket and gave me some instructions on how to disassemble the synth and work the bubble contacts underneath the keys. When that didn't solve the issue they offered me a new keybed at a reasonable price. The keybed arrived a few days later and was fairly easy to install. My P12 is now as good as new. Top class service!

In my case, I probably also could have fixed the keybed with new contact strips from Syntaur, but it feels really good to have a completely new keybed, plus I still have to old one in case I need to harvest some parts in the future.

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 11:58:15 AM »
I had a few of those keys as well, a couple of them popped up about half and inch with a rattle sound when I pressed them, after having a look a piece of plastic has snapped off from the part that holds the keys in place (chassis?) syntaur has that in but with us post only, im in uk ill give dsi support another go thanks

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 03:33:44 PM »
superglued back on good as new

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 10:21:59 PM »
I had same situation 2 times last year, and honestly from piano/keyboards players view I don't like the keybed on p12. I think ob-6 has better feeling overall.

are there any way to change different company's keybed of p12? If it's possible, or anybody had done that before, please let   me know!

BTW, everytime I had issues I contacted DSI support and absolutely it was great :)

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 02:39:02 AM »
Also interested to know that.
Love P12, hate its keyboard.
I’m still not sure if I have defective one.
Still waiting for an answer from Sequential support.

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2021, 02:21:43 PM »

What's the problem with your keybed?

My P12 keybed developed some lazy keys that didn't respond properly to light playing, so I contacted Sequential support asking for tips on how to clean the contacts. The immediately created a support ticket and gave me some instructions on how to disassemble the synth and work the bubble contacts underneath the keys. When that didn't solve the issue they offered me a new keybed at a reasonable price. The keybed arrived a few days later and was fairly easy to install. My P12 is now as good as new. Top class service!

In my case, I probably also could have fixed the keybed with new contact strips from Syntaur, but it feels really good to have a completely new keybed, plus I still have to old one in case I need to harvest some parts in the future.

I'm having the same problem.  I can't seem to find any way to contact DSI support.  There are instructionals on how to repair certain issues, but nothing on the P12 and no contact options.  :-[

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2021, 07:17:23 PM »
Maybe Sequential can order a batch of new keypads when we prepay. Mine is looking like I am a chain smoker.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2021, 08:12:44 PM »
Link to video for keybed replacement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWdvA0YquJ4