Calibration Issues

Calibration Issues
« on: January 24, 2019, 12:34:48 AM »
Hey guys! So my prophet rev 2 has been acting really weird. I managed to track down the location of the issue and it seems to be the 6th voice. It plays an octave lower than the other voices. When initiate a calibration it gets to the 7th voice and freezes.
I looked around on the sequential forums and found a tip from Razmo that said to let the synth warm up a half hour then restart it and calibrate. I've tried it twice but unfortunately it didn't work. I'm gonna keep trying throughout the day. Just wanted to check here if anyone has any ideas if the warming up thing doesn't work?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: Calibration Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 03:06:26 AM »
Hey guys! So my prophet rev 2 has been acting really weird. I managed to track down the location of the issue and it seems to be the 6th voice. It plays an octave lower than the other voices. When initiate a calibration it gets to the 7th voice and freezes.
I looked around on the sequential forums and found a tip from Razmo that said to let the synth warm up a half hour then restart it and calibrate. I've tried it twice but unfortunately it didn't work. I'm gonna keep trying throughout the day. Just wanted to check here if anyone has any ideas if the warming up thing doesn't work?

If it freezes when you use my method, I'd contact support about it... that is not normal, and a whole octave down is quite abnormal, even for an out of tune REV2.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 04:51:39 AM »

If it freezes when you use my method, I'd contact support about it... that is not normal, and a whole octave down is quite abnormal, even for an out of tune REV2.

Alright, thanks. I've emailed support, hopefully it won't need to be returned!

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 07:41:56 AM »
Exact same thing happened to me after buying a used rev2-16. Osc calibration got stuck on voice 2, osc 7. I left it for over 30 mins, came back to the same state, so I powered it off for 10 sec, powered on, lowered MW to 0, reset globals, power cycled again, then ran osc and filter cal without a hitch.

Possible cause? I suspect not having MW at lowest point may have been the cause - the wheel cal page comes befor osc/vcf and ends with MW at top setting, so if you’re calibrating both be sure to lower mod wheel to bottom before calibrating osc/vcf!

;

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022, 06:53:24 AM »
Exact same thing happened to me after buying a used rev2-16. Osc calibration got stuck on voice 2, osc 7. I left it for over 30 mins, came back to the same state, so I powered it off for 10 sec, powered on, lowered MW to 0, reset globals, power cycled again, then ran osc and filter cal without a hitch.

Possible cause? I suspect not having MW at lowest point may have been the cause - the wheel cal page comes befor osc/vcf and ends with MW at top setting, so if you’re calibrating both be sure to lower mod wheel to bottom before calibrating osc/vcf!

;

Just chiming in to confirm that this procedure worked when the Calibration routine got locked up (after running the firmware update).

"powered it off for 10 sec, powered on, lowered MW to 0, reset globals, power cycled again, then ran osc and filter cal"

I don't think the position of the Mod Wheel was relevant, since I had already lowered it after running that calibration earlier. 

Cheers!
Rev2, Pro3, OB-X8, Kronos, Summit, Hydrasynth, Subsequent37, Taurus III, Iridium, Opsix, Eurorack