Question about Velostrings Program (F2P1)

snm10

Question about Velostrings Program (F2P1)
« on: January 22, 2019, 08:50:16 AM »
Hello –

Two days ago I bought the prophet rev 2 8 voice, I love it so far.

I have a small question about the Velostrings program (F2P1). I do not like much the sound under the Stack A + B mode. But, if I deactivate that mode, the sound is only heard on one side, left or right. I thought it was a Pan Spread issue, but no. How can I edit it to play in the center?

Sorry for the basics of the question, but I'm just getting familiar with this synth.

Best regards,
Jay.

Gomjab

Re: Question about Velostrings Program (F2P1)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 11:31:13 AM »
That patch is true stereo by hard panning the two layers left and right.  Essentially turning your 8 voice into a 4 voice with stereo analog filters. It sounds great on the 16 voice model as you get 8 stereo voices.  I can see where 4 voices would be limiting. 

You can get a single layer version by disabling layer B then changing the pan on layer A to center. You can then add some pan spread to get a more stereo feel.

Hello –

I have a small question about the Velostrings program (F2P1). I do not like much the sound under the Stack A + B mode. But, if I deactivate that mode, the sound is only heard on one side, left or right. I thought it was a Pan Spread issue, but no. How can I edit it to play in the center?

Sorry for the basics of the question, but I'm just getting familiar with this synth.

Best regards,
Jay.

snm10

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 03:00:53 PM »
That patch is true stereo by hard panning the two layers left and right.  Essentially turning your 8 voice into a 4 voice with stereo analog filters. It sounds great on the 16 voice model as you get 8 stereo voices.  I can see where 4 voices would be limiting. 

You can get a single layer version by disabling layer B then changing the pan on layer A to center. You can then add some pan spread to get a more stereo feel.

Thanks!!!

Hello –

Best regards,
Jay.

Gomjab

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 03:11:05 PM »
There are a few factory patches that use the same trick.  One of my favorite factory patches is a brass patch that uses that trick.

Have fun!  I really appreciate that the Rev2 gives you an option to upgrade to 16 voices down the road if you ever decide you want more polyphony.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 10:01:49 PM »
Hello snm10,

Go on the MISC PARAMS (central buton), turn the PARAMETER buton until the PanModMode set, with the VALUE buton select Alternative.

Note, if you use F bank (Factory), you will can't save your modifications, to save your modifications you have to use the U bank (User)

snm10

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 08:06:43 AM »
Hello snm10,

Go on the MISC PARAMS (central buton), turn the PARAMETER buton until the PanModMode set, with the VALUE buton select Alternative.

Note, if you use F bank (Factory), you will can't save your modifications, to save your modifications you have to use the U bank (User)

Thanks so much!

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 01:28:53 PM »
Yeah I undid all those super hard pans, they drive me nuts. So annoying in anything but the most ideal sound situation.