Prophet Rev2, Omnisphere Hardware Integration and LX - Anyone?

Prophet Rev2, Omnisphere Hardware Integration and LX - Anyone?
« on: January 15, 2019, 12:15:02 AM »
Anyone using this Setup successfully ?!

Hello,
I just recently got an Prophet Rev2 and would also love to setup my system to make use of the Omnisphere Plug-In (with the latest Total Hardware Integration). I followed all instruction and the Setup really works nicely, BUT so far I am unable to use the Hardware ‘Controller’ (Rev2) to record any Automation Data in Logic X. I really hope I am missing here something, since such a feature is crucial to my workflow, and hopefully to many others as well.
So technically, to make the communication between Hardware/Plug-In work I have to set the Hardware (in Global) to send NRPN. BUT by doing so, Logic seems to be un-able to recognize it for Automation ?!

ps - I also just installed the Editor from codeKnobs. What a great Editor and as far as I know, I was able to use Automation in LX… .

Anyone? Any Advise?

Best,
Sebastian

Re: Prophet Rev2, Omnisphere Hardware Integration and LX - Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 06:57:47 AM »
Hi Sebmo! I was reading your post all over the internet because i have the exactly same problem, with some sligthly differences.
Sorry for my english if i make any mistake, greetings from Argentina!

I just wanted to know if you solved this problem.

I have Omni 2.6. Prophet Rev2 doing Hardware Integration. CodeKnobs Editor (that works as intended, great editor!).
The slightly differences i mentioned are:
 - im using Ableton Live as DAW
 - "I can" write some automation in my midi clips. When i hit record and move some knobs, it records clip modulation envelopes in "Data entry", "Data entry fine" and some NRPN layer that standard MIDI can detect like lsb and msb.
It works well if after recording i do not touch any other knob.

(Like you, the host automation enabled parameters do not respond to HW changes)

I can upload some screenshots to help clarify what im trying to say. I think that with some midi translator and the "Show Midi Learns" file maybe we can send to a virtual port the corresponding midi CC to sync host automation. (at least basics 1:1 mappings).
What do you think?

If you agree, i'd like to keep in touch with you about this because its very dificult to find people with this exact problem.
Thank you!
Matias

Re: Prophet Rev2, Omnisphere Hardware Integration and LX - Anyone?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 07:17:27 AM »
Anyone using this Setup successfully ?!

Anyone? Any Advise?

I found a way, not the best, has some limitations (in my case mostly from Ableton), but it works.

You can record the automation from the hardware using the codeKnobs editor.

The editor does some neat work translating the NRPN that receives from the synth to standard midi for the host to understand and save the automation.
Then if you play the midi clip with the recorded automation, it goes through the editor, being translated to NRPN again, then go to the synth input, right?

If you can capture the NRPN the editor is sending to the synth and loopback it to Omnisphere it works.

In my case i needed to use to midi interfaces, doing all with virtual ports or with USB didn't work for me.

My routing is:

Rev2 midi OUT (nrpn, all config set to work with editor) -> audio interface midi input -> codeKnobs editor IN. (with this pipe i can persist the automation in DAW)

codeKnobs editor OUT -> audio interface midi out -> HERE GOES THE NRPN I WANT TO CAPTURE so -> midisport 2x2 IN -> midipipe to capture those messages and replicate those to a virtual port -> midisport 2x2 OUT -> Rev2 midi IN.

The midipipe "midi thru" virtual port i created is set as input of Omnisphere.

I dont know why i just cant loopback the audio interface midi out to midipipe, to avoid using the midisport, o why i cant do all of this with just usb. This setup worked for me.

Thanks, hope it helps!