"Realms of Fantasy" Soundbank for the Prophet REV2 has been released!

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: "Realms of Fantasy" Soundbank for the Prophet REV2 has been released!
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2020, 12:00:52 AM »
My apologies if I come across as harsh, which was not the intention, I should of course also mention that I think the "Realms of Fantasy" bank is more than worth its price, and I see no reason to lower the price for that reason. I'm very happy with the bank(s) for the price as is, and my rant was only meant in a broader sense, definitely NOT in any way aimed at Razmo. Brainstorming, or speaking out of the a**. Anyways, I'm a happy customer and have no issues what so ever! I would buy again!

I appreciate honest answers to honest questions, so in no way did you come across as harsh  ;)... I can fully follow anything you wrote.

I guess that the problem I am having is that i want as many to have a use for the sounds as possible, which makes me want to lower the price a bit, since as I write, money is not the main objective here, but it also makes me feel bad for all of those buyers who paid the full 40 dollars... At the same time, in business it is not unusual to lower pricing when sales start to decline, so what to do  :)

I have been thinking about lowering it to about 30 dollars instead, but on the other hands, as someone else is saying, the sounds do not decline in actual usage value... I just have a hard time on this one... Maybe I should just leave this one alone, and make the reduction for future banks.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2020, 12:07:08 AM »
I don’t own a Rev2, so I can’t comment on the bank, but you might try taking a page out of GeoSynths book and do a series of YouTube videos showing each preset.

I actually promised that back then, but never came around to it... This is on the list for future sound banks though (from the get go, because if I release the bank prior, I will probably never get around doing it)... I do have to considder how to do it because presenting each and every 128 sounds takes a huge amount of time and is very exhausting.

I cannot do this for the current REV2 bank though, as I do not have a REV2... This is though my greatest regret not doing as it would have made for a much better presentation.

Shaw

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2020, 05:08:14 AM »
I don’t own a Rev2, so I can’t comment on the bank, but you might try taking a page out of GeoSynths book and do a series of YouTube videos showing each preset.

I actually promised that back then, but never came around to it... This is on the list for future sound banks though (from the get go, because if I release the bank prior, I will probably never get around doing it)... I do have to considder how to do it because presenting each and every 128 sounds takes a huge amount of time and is very exhausting.

I cannot do this for the current REV2 bank though, as I do not have a REV2... This is though my greatest regret not doing as it would have made for a much better presentation.

I didn’t answer your question... sorry.

No, $40 is not too much for a set of 128 custom presets.  I know the amount of work that goes into it.  It’s tedious and very time consuming.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

maxter

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2020, 08:50:21 AM »
I, for one, see no reason to mind at all if you lower the price. It's your product and your business. I think you could pick up some more sales if you do though, a couple on the fence at least... Again, speaking as a consumer/buyer, my comfort zone goes around 20-30$ personally for any sound bank as buyer, as I rarely end up actually editing and using too many of others patches anyway, on a restrained budget I cannot justify buying banks too often... well, depending on price... So I find the number of patches in a bank less important than the price, as I'll only ever use a couple anyhow, I'd rather buy 4 different banks of 32 patches each at 10$, than 128/40$.

I guess it's just easier to pull the trigger on stuff you can readily afford, and not a big deal to "jump the gun", it doesn't require the same commitment, and lower expectations often makes for higher appreciation, to me at least.
The Way the Truth and the Life

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2020, 09:42:40 AM »
I, for one, see no reason to mind at all if you lower the price. It's your product and your business. I think you could pick up some more sales if you do though, a couple on the fence at least... Again, speaking as a consumer/buyer, my comfort zone goes around 20-30$ personally for any sound bank as buyer, as I rarely end up actually editing and using too many of others patches anyway, on a restrained budget I cannot justify buying banks too often... well, depending on price... So I find the number of patches in a bank less important than the price, as I'll only ever use a couple anyhow, I'd rather buy 4 different banks of 32 patches each at 10$, than 128/40$.

I guess it's just easier to pull the trigger on stuff you can readily afford, and not a big deal to "jump the gun", it doesn't require the same commitment, and lower expectations often makes for higher appreciation, to me at least.

I once played with the ideer of selling patches one at a time because I actually find that view more appealing to the buyer... The problem with this is though, that the PayPall fees would make buying 128 sounds one at a time, very expensive... Of course this would not be the case, as people would probably buy more sounds, at once and only pay the fee once, but would such a direction be any good?

Selling one sound at a time would also solve an important problem with time... I could add sounds faster, and would not get bored with the same 128 sounds for 7 months straight as last time...

But what price would you as a user pay per sound if I did it this way instead?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 09:44:54 AM by Razmo »

Shaw

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2020, 09:54:45 AM »

I once played with the ideer of selling patches one at a time because I actually find that view more appealing to the buyer... The problem with this is though, that the PayPall fees would make buying 128 sounds one at a time, very expensive... Of course this would not be the case, as people would probably buy more sounds, at once and only pay the fee once, but would such a direction be any good?

Selling one sound at a time would also solve an important problem with time... I could add sounds faster, and would not get bored with the same 128 sounds for 7 months straight as last time...

But what price would you as a user pay per sound if I did it this way instead?

One at a time seems too far in the other direction... but 16 or 32 (numbers that multiply into 128) seems like a good happy medium. And you could group them:  strings and brasses, arps, leads, basses, pads, fx, etc...

I did 256 for the Prophet X Replicants sample pack (128 x 2, both A and B layers).  So I feel your pain.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

maxter

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2020, 04:35:23 PM »
Not only are banks consisting of fewer patches a smaller investment/commitment for the buyer pricewise, but also for the programmer timewise (less pain  ;D ), and as Shaw said; possibly more niche banks as a bonus.
The Way the Truth and the Life

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2020, 06:55:41 AM »
I guess you are right... A good middle ground would be go concentrate on small batches of 16 sounds and put these up... That would make it a lot less straining when designing them, and also create demos of them... Thank you for the suggestions 😊

« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2020, 02:54:54 PM »
Is this soundset still available for purchase? Pm'd Op.

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2020, 01:32:27 AM »
Is this soundset still available for purchase? Pm'd Op.

I pm'd him too and no response so far.

« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2020, 05:02:18 PM »
So sad the final version never arrived. I would love to have a full preset bank replaced only with Pads.

« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2020, 08:51:16 AM »
So sad the final version never arrived. I would love to have a full preset bank replaced only with Pads.

What was the final version supposed to be? merci

Does anyone know another way to get in touch with Razmo other than PM'ing? I sent a PM over a week ago about purchasing these presets but haven't heard back.

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2020, 07:10:14 PM »
I would LOVE to purchase these presets too if anyone has his email or contact info. Let us give you money!

Shaw

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2020, 07:23:54 PM »
Sadly, our friend Razmo, creator of the “Realms of Fantasy” soundset, has passed away after losing his battle with cancer.

I knew him only through this forum, but I counted him among friends. He was warm, genuine, insightful, and had a passion for synthesis that he was eager to share with others. His knowledge, perspective and humor will be greatly missed.

« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2020, 07:14:57 AM »
Wonder if there’s any way for users who already have the sound set to share and for people to donate the purchase price to a charity or perhaps if someone has contact to Razmo’s family to donate the proceeds to a recipient of their choosing. Who knows if they are saddled with medical/funeral bills that could be assisted with.

« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2020, 01:44:39 PM »
I would also love to donate to a charity in place of buying them. I think it's a nice idea

« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2020, 01:58:06 AM »
Sadly, our friend Razmo, creator of the “Realms of Fantasy” soundset, has passed away after losing his battle with cancer.

I knew him only through this forum, but I counted him among friends. He was warm, genuine, insightful, and had a passion for synthesis that he was eager to share with others. His knowledge, perspective and humor will be greatly missed.

That very sad to read. Razmo was always so helpful by extensively answering questions on this forum.

« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2020, 04:30:12 PM »
Sorry to hear about Razmo. I would love to purchase this some way as well!

MPM

« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2020, 06:30:55 PM »

Cheers Razmo
OB-6  Prophet-6  Prophet.Rev2/16  no kids