Controlling a Korg MS-20 with the Pro-2

Controlling a Korg MS-20 with the Pro-2
« on: January 09, 2017, 01:32:22 PM »
Hi everyone,

Although I've been in the synth game for quite a while, the intricacies of modular and CV has always eluded me. This is now proving to be a bit of a problem as I want to use my Pro-2 to sequence my Korg MS-20 and control its velocity as well (I believe it's possible over CV but not via midi from what I've read online).
The MS-20 is Hz/V instead of V/Oct so I'd maybe need some kind of converter cable as well?

Has anyone done this or could perhaps help me out here?

Cheers!

Re: Controlling a Korg MS-20 with the Pro-2
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 04:47:17 AM »
In the Eurorack world there are a bunch of converter modules. The Pro2 itself cannot output Hz/V. But I'd love this feature for future OS versions if possible to implement.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 08:11:53 AM »

Hi,

eventually use the MIDI for notes and CVs for modulations like velocity>filterfrequency or   or   or  AND  !

Hope this helps,

Martin3

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 05:15:27 PM »
I think this thread( forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,1161.0.html ) probably answers the question,  but if you were missing the above mentioned Modulation Source, maybe via/w/through the Korg SQ-1 you would maybe be able to work around it.

Even though I know nothing about Modular Synthesis, so I could be just... yapping.
KorgR3;DSI OB-6;Yamaha Reface DX;&CP
VST's:FM8,Dexed,DaHornet,PlogueChipSounds,
Anticipated $$$:
Synth: OberheimTVP, Arturia MatrixBrute, KorgMS20m, Korg Arp Rev1/2FS,(DSI Pro2;Rev2;vs Atmultitron)
Akemie's Castle, Make Noise 0-coast, Odytron
OtherModularSuggestions??
+Line6Helix

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 12:11:42 PM »
Actually the thread I mentioned did not address the Hz/V, so maybe the Arturia Keystep/Beatstep would work if you didn't go with the converter.
KorgR3;DSI OB-6;Yamaha Reface DX;&CP
VST's:FM8,Dexed,DaHornet,PlogueChipSounds,
Anticipated $$$:
Synth: OberheimTVP, Arturia MatrixBrute, KorgMS20m, Korg Arp Rev1/2FS,(DSI Pro2;Rev2;vs Atmultitron)
Akemie's Castle, Make Noise 0-coast, Odytron
OtherModularSuggestions??
+Line6Helix