Rev2 breakup

Re: Rev2 breakup
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2019, 11:05:28 AM »
Agreed about the keybed on the Pro 2. I’d presume that any future synth will have a keybed at least as good as the one on the Rev 2.

« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2019, 01:40:00 PM »
Well, I still love my Rev2 after almost 2 years with it in my life. It finds a home in practically every song I produce. I've been working with the Prologue for the last 6 months or so and getting back to the Rev2 full-time was soooo refreshing. It's great to have an idea for a sound and be able to pull it off without having to reinvent the wheel. The Rev2 simply follows your brain wherever it wants to go. And, it has the goods in spades when it's time to deliver. There will be no break up here. :)

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2019, 05:45:20 PM »
No breakup here either, had our REV2 for a little over a year and it continues on to be a super inspiring synth.  It can make every type of sound from bass up to effects, out of the 5 Hardware synths we have the REV2 gets used the most and many of our songs are made only with the REV2 except for drums.  This synth can be anything from soft dreamy ambient to hard dark and aggressive and it doesn’t sound like another synth which is something we really appreciate about it.  The 2 synths in our studio we won’t sell are the REV2 and the Subsequent 37.  Well, in a year or so we will probably sell the REV2 to get the Prophet X. 
SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2019, 02:26:00 PM »
I LOVE my 16 voice Rev2. Well I seem to be a Dave Smiths Instrument addict, I am already at #3 (OB-6, two prophet 12s and now the rev2) I can see the Prophet-6 coming soon :) Every DSI has its own sound and I use them for Film all the time, you would be surprised at how much DSI you might have heard.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

The sounds are rich and in your face,it gives me flashbacks to sounds of the 1980s. We are so spoiled compared to back in the day where a Prophet 5 cost as much as a car, and editing meant cutting tape on the block. Now you cut on computer and a rack of outboards lives in your UAD apollo :)

« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 02:27:42 PM by cornonthecob »
Moog Modular Model 15,Korg Prophecy,Korg Z1,Nord Modular Keyboard,DSI OB6,DSI P12,DSI Rev 2 16voiceMoog Minimoog D,SEM Modules,Moog Slim Phattys,Alesis QS 8.1,Alesis QSR,Roland Integra 7,Genelec 8341s,8040,8030,Novation Peak,Kawai K5000R,Eurorack Modulars,etc..

« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2019, 12:32:18 AM »
I LOVE my 16 voice Rev2. Well I seem to be a Dave Smiths Instrument addict, I am already at #3 (OB-6, two prophet 12s and now the rev2) I can see the Prophet-6 coming soon :) Every DSI has its own sound and I use them for Film all the time, you would be surprised at how much DSI you might have heard.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

The sounds are rich and in your face,it gives me flashbacks to sounds of the 1980s. We are so spoiled compared to back in the day where a Prophet 5 cost as much as a car, and editing meant cutting tape on the block. Now you cut on computer and a rack of outboards lives in your UAD apollo :)
Indulge me 🙂. What films?
Yes I’m with you on the sound and I was surprised with your comments on the Peak since I did breakup with the Peak for a Rev2 for that very reason.