Tempest won't record or play back?

Tempest won't record or play back?
« on: January 05, 2019, 01:52:23 PM »
Hi guys,

I've just got a second hand Tempest. It appears to be in perfect working order - i.e. I can hear sounds when I press the pads and alter them with the knobs etc - but I'm unable to record or play beats...

None of the factory beats play when I click play and when I try and record my own I'm unable to hear the click and even though the record and play buttons light up they don't seem to record anything.

It's as if the play and click buttons are broken, but they light up feel fine.

I have just updated the software but it hasn't made any difference.

I hope I'm just being stupid! If anyone can assist that would be really helpful. Happy to give more info.

Cheers,
Ben

Re: Tempest won't record or play back?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 02:42:11 AM »
Hi Ben and welcome to the forum!
When you press play pay attention if the position numbers are changing on the oled screen (1.1.1).If not then your Tempest is in Midi slave mode and you need to change it inside system preferences.Also you may notice the “EXT” indication which also means is in slave mode.

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 03:45:03 PM »
So out of no where I am experiencing the same problem. Play button will not respond. Everything else works…atleast the record button lights up but zero playback. Checked to make sure I’m in master midi mode…no change. Even calibrated everything and reset settings to default….no change. At a loss. This thing is like brand new…I’ve barely used it. Any ideas on what it could be other than a failed button? Thanks

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 10:56:20 PM »
So out of no where I am experiencing the same problem. Play button will not respond. Everything else works…atleast the record button lights up but zero playback. Checked to make sure I’m in master midi mode…no change. Even calibrated everything and reset settings to default….no change. At a loss. This thing is like brand new…I’ve barely used it. Any ideas on what it could be other than a failed button? Thanks
You didn’t described your process..What you’re trying to record and in what mode?Playlist?Can you give a step by step explanation?