SEQUENTIAL rebranding.

SEQUENTIAL rebranding.
« on: January 03, 2019, 12:56:04 PM »
It's so good to see DSI rebranded as Sequential on the year of the 40th anniversary of the Prophet-5. Somehow it all comes back home at last.
So what will happen with instruments like the OB-6?
I see that the Prophet-12 is to be retired once the special edition of 100 white and wooden ones is completed.
The OB6 used to have DSI printed on it at the start, well, Dave Smith Instruments on the rear panel, not sure what has happened over the last couple of years because I have never seen one in the flesh but will such products now bear the SEQUENTIAL logo?
That would be cool actually.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 01:00:35 PM by DaveP6guy »
Prophet-6 nut. Formerly, just a Prophet-5 nut.

LoboLives

Re: SEQUENTIAL rebranding.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 04:16:29 PM »
They did put a statement out about this. Going forward all instruments will have the Sequential name on it, all previous instruments (with the exception of the PX and P6) will continue to have the DSI name on it.

Sleep of Reason

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 01:47:07 PM »
As much as I prefer Sequential to Dave Smith Instruments, I think the latter is better suited for when it's a collaboration with another maker like Tom Oberheim or Roger Linn.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 06:46:12 AM »
As much as I prefer Sequential to Dave Smith Instruments, I think the latter is better suited for when it's a collaboration with another maker like Tom Oberheim or Roger Linn.

I concur