Copying layers between patches in multi-mode

Copying layers between patches in multi-mode
« on: January 02, 2019, 02:24:08 PM »
Hello All,
I'm guessing this isn't possible - I'm using my Rev2 in mulit-mode, and would like to be able to copy a single layer from one patch onto either of the layers of a different patch - the manual seem to indicate this can't be done. My OS is 1.1.4.5, just in case that's relevent.

Greg

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: Copying layers between patches in multi-mode
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 04:07:49 PM »
Hello All,
I'm guessing this isn't possible - I'm using my Rev2 in mulit-mode, and would like to be able to copy a single layer from one patch onto either of the layers of a different patch - the manual seem to indicate this can't be done. My OS is 1.1.4.5, just in case that's relevent.

Greg

It can definitely be done... if you have a program chosen that you want to import a layer from another program into, just do the following:

1. make sure the layer you want to overwrite is the one you're editing by selecting it with the "Edit Layer B" button.
2. press the "MISC PARAMS" button just below the display.
3. Scroll to the last entry with the "PARAMETER" encoder to the left of the display.
4. Now you can scroll thru all the layers, of all programs in all banks by simply using the "PROGRAM" and "BANK" encoders to the right of the display.

Don't forget to write your edits when you're done... everything is simply loaded into the edit buffer, so it has to be saved.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 02:17:47 AM »
Ah...Misc Perams..! I forgot to look there. Genius - thank you for this - a great help !

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 11:44:00 AM »
Just wanted to throw in there that you need to have local control on to do this. Wasn't working for me until I tried that.

Thanks for the tip! This really makes things easier