Prophet Rev2 output low signal level

Prophet Rev2 output low signal level
« on: August 28, 2020, 09:20:26 AM »
Got a problem when connecting my prophet rev2 to Focusrite 8i6... Would really appreciate help here…

When I output via unbalanced cables to the Focusrite rear inputs 3+4, which are line inputs with no adjustable gain, I got seriously low signal level. I tried to check where the problem is by launching the basic patch, maximizing both two layers to 8 voices, stacking the two layers, in unison mode. The signal level can only hit around -18 db. And I have already turned the master volume on my Prophet Rev2 to around 12 o’clock position.

But with all the same settings, only change to instrument inputs, the signal can go up to -3.9 db. I think this looks (hears) much more normal.

I tried calibration osc/filter too. Same results.

Really confused… isn’t Prophet Rev2 outputting line level signal? Or there might be something faulty with my Rev2... :'(

Re: Prophet Rev2 output low signal level
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 06:25:55 PM »
I have the same problem with a new REV2.

maxter

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 12:29:29 PM »
Darn, that doesn't sound right... The levels of my old Rev2 are hot/loud enough, like one would expect, so my advice would be to contact Sequential support.
The Way the Truth and the Life

LPF83

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 09:51:25 AM »
Darn, that doesn't sound right... The levels of my old Rev2 are hot/loud enough, like one would expect, so my advice would be to contact Sequential support.

No issues with levels on my unit (about a year old).
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 11:19:31 AM »
I was experiencing the same problem myself.  Turns out my issue was an expression pedal I had plugged in that was linked to volume and it was rolled back.  Should have been one of the first things I checked, but took a few days for me to realize it was the culprit.