OB6 MPE

Re: OB6 MPE
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2020, 12:02:04 PM »
should just set up kickstarters per feature you guys want to incentivize me

Do it! That's a good idea.

I'd pay for additional features. How many OB6/P6 are out there 5,000 of each? Could totally work financially.

If you've got the time outside Sequential commitments and it gets Sequential's blessing ...

LPF83

« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2020, 02:26:15 PM »

I'd pay for additional features. How many OB6/P6 are out there 5,000 of each? Could totally work financially.

If you've got the time outside Sequential commitments and it gets Sequential's blessing ...

It would probably get nixed by most of the legal teams I've worked with... in most cases in the non-compete that's signed on initial employment (would prevent an employee from selling products/services that produce revenue that could have been realized by their employer), and even if not in the non-compete would potentially get flagged as a conflict of interest.
I've seen non-competes and employment contracts that asked me to sign away rights to pretty much any design idea I had or intellectual property I developed while I was employed by them, whether or not it had identifiable overlap with their product line.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Pym

« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2020, 02:31:18 PM »
Not all companies are so protective of IP. I support and believe in our company and value integrity, openness and honesty. The music industry at this level is too small and based on bonds of understanding and trust in a different way than other more competitive technology fields

It would probably get nixed by most of the legal teams I've worked with... in most cases in the non-compete that's signed on initial employment (would prevent an employee from selling products/services that produce revenue that could have been realized by their employer), and even if not in the non-compete would potentially get flagged as a conflict of interest.
I've seen non-competes and employment contracts that asked me to sign away rights to pretty much any design idea I had or intellectual property I developed while I was employed by them, whether or not it had identifiable overlap with their product line.
Sequential

LPF83

« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2020, 05:30:55 PM »
Not all companies are so protective of IP. I support and believe in our company and value integrity, openness and honesty. The music industry at this level is too small and based on bonds of understanding and trust in a different way than other more competitive technology fields

I get what you're saying, and sometimes even small startups don't actually enforce the contracts word for word.  I'm just pointing out (that in some situations) it can lead to murky waters, for example when users start contacting the primary company for support for an issue where it's not clear whether the issue is with the product itself, or the additional functionality added via the side business (then of course there can be a situation where the resources of the primary company are being used for the side venture). 

But then again there are companies that believe that aftermarket add-ons add value and help sell more product, so that's one perspective (and hopefully Dave's).

The above is just the businessman in me looking at it from one side.  The musician and consumer of products side me would love to see features added out of band (that's essentially what Soundtower does, right?), so I'm all for it and if the company supports it, more power to you.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Pym

« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2020, 05:36:16 PM »
I'm just saying it's not a problem you need to worry yourself with. I'll have the proper authorization to do such a thing if I move forward with it

I get what you're saying, and sometimes even small startups don't actually enforce the contracts word for word.  I'm just pointing out (that in some situations) it can lead to murky waters, for example when users start contacting the primary company for support for an issue where it's not clear whether the issue is with the product itself, or the additional functionality added via the side business (then of course there can be a situation where the resources of the primary company are being used for the side venture). 

But then again there are companies that believe that aftermarket add-ons add value and help sell more product, so that's one perspective (and hopefully Dave's).

The above is just the businessman in me looking at it from one side.  The musician and consumer of products side me would love to see features added out of band (that's essentially what Soundtower does, right?), so I'm all for it and if the company supports it, more power to you.
Sequential

the8bitdeity

• Ham handed synth enthusiast
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2020, 06:02:40 PM »
I'm just saying it's not a problem you need to worry yourself with. I'll have the proper authorization to do such a thing if I move forward with it

Kijimi, Xerxes mk2, OB6D, P6D, Prophet 5D (expanded), OB-X8D, Hydrasynth, Pro 3, Wavestate, MS20D, A4mk2, ARmk2, MC202, Avalon, Syntakt, Octatrack, NLDR, H9000, Digitone, Deckard's Dream mk2, Isi-Nin, Roland System 500 + other Eurorack

LPF83

« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2020, 05:45:35 AM »

Certainly wasn't worrying myself with it, I was putting forth the consideration to others who may not have thought about it (no doubt you already had).  Not sure if you noticed but my original response on this topic was to someone else.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 05:53:40 AM by LPF83 »

« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2020, 05:40:45 PM »
Not sure if you noticed but my original response on this topic was to someone else.

It was me!!! And an interesting point it was too, one I hadn't considered.

« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2020, 01:51:58 AM »
MPE support on the OB6 just in time with the release of Live 11 ! Perfect timing ! Can't wait to try it.

Pym

« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2020, 09:19:04 AM »
Yep, I was aware of Ableton's MPE direction before it got released, so we tried to time it accordingly... just a little more patience!!

MPE support on the OB6 just in time with the release of Live 11 ! Perfect timing ! Can't wait to try it.
Sequential

« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2020, 01:42:36 PM »
You rock !

« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2020, 01:07:27 AM »
Hello ... any news? Will Santa bring us MPE?

« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2020, 04:34:07 PM »

It feels like maybe we've been naughty, lol.

Pym

« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2020, 09:23:30 PM »
We have had a couple serious issues to deal with on other instruments so this got pushed back just a bit, but we are doing our best to get it out by NYE

It feels like maybe we've been naughty, lol.
Sequential

« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2020, 02:13:15 AM »
Thanks for the update ! And merry christmas, hope you're having a good time !

« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2020, 07:16:25 AM »
Amazing. Thanks for the update!

« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2021, 12:11:59 PM »
I haven't had the time to play with it yet, but IT'S HERE!
Thank you all.

« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2021, 02:06:35 PM »
I'm so impressed after my initial play. It adds SO MUCH to this instrument. Thank you!

« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2021, 08:03:41 PM »
I'm going to ask over here because there's already a thread, even though I have a P6. Can someone give a tutorial on using MPE with Bitwig? I have a Sensel Morph and have tried the keys and thunder overlays. I set my Bitwig HW Instrument to "Use MPE" and I selected MPE in the Prophet's midi channel. Pressure and Y axis work, but pitch bend is monophonic.

« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2021, 07:20:46 AM »
Installed the new update, but when choosing MPE in midi channels, the pitchbend range doesn’t line up with what I selected.
Both Linnstrument & ob6 are set to a +/- 12 range.
The bend range works fine when mpe is not selected.

-edit- sorted with the global bendrange
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 08:29:36 AM by datalek »