OB6 MPE

Re: OB6 MPE
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2020, 03:40:33 AM »
Pym! This is making me so happy! You are doing a fantastic job! I want you guys to know that you are really making a difference in my musicia ship ❤️❤️ thank you thank you thank you

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2020, 03:01:49 AM »
we may have an additional surprise for you guys... stay tuned ;)

Ooh, exciting! Any guesses anyone?

LPF83

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2020, 05:25:15 AM »

Vintage knob functionality from P5/P10 included in OB6/P6/Rev2 would be amazing.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

LoboLives

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2020, 08:10:05 AM »

Vintage knob functionality from P5/P10 included in OB6/P6/Rev2 would be amazing.

Something even better maybe.....a synth with a polyphonic aftertouch keybed.

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2020, 11:54:21 AM »

A poly AT keybed upgrade for OB6?

Unlikely I guess but I'd pay for it!

LoboLives

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2020, 08:57:07 PM »

A poly AT keybed upgrade for OB6?

Unlikely I guess but I'd pay for it!

No I mean for a new instrument all together.

« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2020, 03:47:22 PM »

Isn't the Vintage knob the same as the Detune knob?

LoboLives

« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2020, 03:59:56 PM »

Isn't the Vintage knob the same as the Detune knob?

No. Slop essentially introduces random tuning drift. Vintage basically loosens everything from the tuning to the envelopes, everything just starts to move in it’s own way.

« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2020, 04:12:14 PM »
No. Slop essentially introduces random tuning drift. Vintage basically loosens everything from the tuning to the envelopes, everything just starts to move in it’s own way.

Ahhhhh. Nice.

« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2020, 01:41:20 PM »
Very excited for poly pitch bend in particular. I can’t wait to play my much loved OB-6 and P6 with the linnstrument without restriction!

The pangs of horror I feel when I pitch bend and all the held notes bend the same will finally be over :D

LoboLives

« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2020, 03:20:34 PM »
Very excited for poly pitch bend in particular. I can’t wait to play my much loved OB-6 and P6 with the linnstrument without restriction!

The pangs of horror I feel when I pitch bend and all the held notes bend the same will finally be over :D

It always puzzled me why Sequential didn’t use the Oberheim benders from the OBXa where you could bend individual oscillators. I think the OB6 would have stood out more from the P6 if they did that.

Yoe

« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2020, 12:16:52 AM »
Yes, you can do poly aftertouch with an external controller. It will have some degree of slew, similar to what is already there with the monophonic.

Interesting! I build wind controllers for a living, and always when testing synths for use with them, the slew on the aftertouch (channel pressure) or breath (CC#2) is the most important factor for usablilty. Too little and there is stepping, too much and you lose response. On the OB-6 and Prophet-6 the slew on aftertouch is slightly too much for perfect breath response, but pretty ok. On the Prophet 12 the slew is too much (CC#2), and it unfortunately makes it too unresponsive for use with wind controllers (too bad, because it is an awesome synth). If this is just a firmware fix, or if there could be a system adjustment parameter for this even, that would be a game changer. On REV2 and Evolver the amount of slew on CC#2 is just right btw :) I realize this is way off topic, so sorry about that. Regarding the actual topic – really looking forward to using the OB-6 with my Seaboard! Thank you so much for doing this!

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2020, 05:12:00 PM »
Next week maybe? ;)

Pym

« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2020, 05:14:42 PM »
We're just waiting to get final testing on it, lot of other problems to handle right now due to covid and a fire at one of the parts factories but it'll be soon!

Next week maybe? ;)
Sequential

« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2020, 05:27:41 PM »
🙏

« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2020, 11:27:00 PM »
Pym, just want to say thank you so much for working on this, having my OB6 to support MPE will be a dream come true for sure

« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2020, 05:43:29 AM »
We're just waiting to get final testing on it, lot of other problems to handle right now due to covid and a fire at one of the parts factories but it'll be soon!

Next week maybe? ;)

Was that the AKM factory? That sounded like it’s going to cause mass disruption to supply for a year.

the8bitdeity

• Ham handed synth enthusiast
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2020, 12:02:50 PM »
I actually already have it working on the Rev2/P6/OB6 but I need to finish testing. I can't do that right now as I don't have the hardware with me, but once I get back to the US (hopefully within the next 3 months) I'll get it out

Late to the party, but any possibility of it being back-ported to the P12? I feel like that synth with it's matrix is begging for a Polyphonic Pressure source.
Kijimi, Xerxes mk2, OB6D, P6D, Prophet 5D (expanded), OB-X8D, Hydrasynth, Pro 3, Wavestate, MS20D, A4mk2, ARmk2, MC202, Avalon, Syntakt, Octatrack, NLDR, H9000, Digitone, Deckard's Dream mk2, Isi-Nin, Roland System 500 + other Eurorack

Pym

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2020, 08:58:03 PM »
Eh... I hesitate to shut the door on that entirely but let's wait until we get things rolling and see how it's received. If it works out well on the P6/OB6 the next one would be the Rev2 and PX, and if those get done it wouldn't be terribly hard to do the P12, but I cannot make any promises. That's a really old code base and I have lots of new things I have to get done

I should just set up kickstarters per feature you guys want to incentivize me

I actually already have it working on the Rev2/P6/OB6 but I need to finish testing. I can't do that right now as I don't have the hardware with me, but once I get back to the US (hopefully within the next 3 months) I'll get it out

Late to the party, but any possibility of it being back-ported to the P12? I feel like that synth with it's matrix is begging for a Polyphonic Pressure source.
Sequential

the8bitdeity

• Ham handed synth enthusiast
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2020, 10:02:14 AM »
Eh... I hesitate to shut the door on that entirely but let's wait until we get things rolling and see how it's received. If it works out well on the P6/OB6 the next one would be the Rev2 and PX, and if those get done it wouldn't be terribly hard to do the P12, but I cannot make any promises. That's a really old code base and I have lots of new things I have to get done

I should just set up kickstarters per feature you guys want to incentivize me

Completely understandable! Let me know if / when I should DoorDash over some beer! ;)
Kijimi, Xerxes mk2, OB6D, P6D, Prophet 5D (expanded), OB-X8D, Hydrasynth, Pro 3, Wavestate, MS20D, A4mk2, ARmk2, MC202, Avalon, Syntakt, Octatrack, NLDR, H9000, Digitone, Deckard's Dream mk2, Isi-Nin, Roland System 500 + other Eurorack