OB6 MPE

Pym

Re: OB6 MPE
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2020, 04:25:28 PM »
But that said, the last time I looked at it I confirmed individual voice pitchbend was working perfectly... so there has been progress!

Well after I got back from Germany, I moved from San Francisco. The day I moved to Ben Lomond, I had one beautiful night of sleep on my new mattress when I was evacuated from the fires

So now I have a Pro3 in front of me. I have to wait til I'm back in a set up studio to get back to the MPE stuff. I promise it'll be worth it
Sequential

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2020, 04:53:47 PM »
I promise it'll be worth it

I have no doubt! The fact that it's possible and coming along gets me so pumped.
Thanks for the update.

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2020, 01:17:38 PM »
I feel for you...I live in Palo Alto (we are buried in smoke) but many friends in Boulder Creek, Bonny Doon, La Honda etc...big musician community; I lived in La Honda and Portola Valley for several years.
Hope that you have found a way to be settled once again soon!
Well after I got back from Germany, I moved from San Francisco. The day I moved to Ben Lomond, I had one beautiful night of sleep on my new mattress when I was evacuated from the fires

So now I have a Pro3 in front of me. I have to wait til I'm back in a set up studio to get back to the MPE stuff. I promise it'll be worth it
DSI OB-6, Nord Electro 3HP & 6HP, Roland SoundCanvas SC55mkii, Beatstep Pro, KeyStep, Roland SE-02, MPD18 (+mpcstuff), Roland TD-4 V-drums, Fender-Rhodes Stage MK1, Reaper, plus dozens of acoustic instruments

LoboLives

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2020, 11:34:13 AM »
But that said, the last time I looked at it I confirmed individual voice pitchbend was working perfectly... so there has been progress!

Is that true on the PX? Looking at grabbing a Linnstrument to control the PX for this.

Pym

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2020, 08:09:52 PM »
My intention is to add it to the PX but I'm only committing to the P6/OB6/Rev2 right now

Is that true on the PX? Looking at grabbing a Linnstrument to control the PX for this.
Sequential

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2020, 04:11:52 PM »
It's sad to admit how often I check this thread for news at this point.
;/

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2020, 09:14:58 AM »
It's sad to admit how often I check this thread for news at this point.
;/
Same here, can only imagine what it sounds like with my Linnstrument.

« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2020, 10:10:20 AM »
Ditto :)
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2020, 11:40:07 AM »
In my never ending anticipation for this, a few questions: obviously individual pitch bends are going to work, but am I right in assuming that aftertouch will turn into poly-aftertouch? I'm also guessing/hoping that the pitch bend range will apply to all the MPE notes as well? I'm also curious if the poly-aftertouch will need/want a slew setting? Curious if it's needed.

Thanks. I hope you were safe in the fires!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 11:44:52 AM by umfufu »

Pym

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2020, 04:07:39 PM »
Yes, you can do poly aftertouch with an external controller. It will have some degree of slew, similar to what is already there with the monophonic.

I still haven't figured out pitchbend range or many of the sub-params. I'll be looking at this next month

In my never ending anticipation for this, a few questions: obviously individual pitch bends are going to work, but am I right in assuming that aftertouch will turn into poly-aftertouch? I'm also guessing/hoping that the pitch bend range will apply to all the MPE notes as well? I'm also curious if the poly-aftertouch will need/want a slew setting? Curious if it's needed.

Thanks. I hope you were safe in the fires!
Sequential

« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2020, 04:22:41 PM »
Sounds good thanks!

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2020, 03:40:56 PM »
In the Prophet 5 rev 4 thread on Muffwiggler.com Pym has said MPE on the OB6 is finished and is just with the support guys (maybe for beta testing or documentaion) so shouldn't be long now.

Wahoo!

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2020, 04:14:30 PM »
Amazing!!

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2020, 12:56:11 AM »
You guys are amazing! Thank you for this!

Pym

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2020, 02:43:22 AM »
I even added a few Y-Axis destinations
Sequential

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2020, 04:33:19 AM »
Exciting! Very much looking forward to this!

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2020, 11:49:41 AM »

SO HYPE!

Pym

« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2020, 12:50:02 AM »
I decided on 4 destinations for the OB6:

Cutoff
PW Osc 1
PW Osc 2
PW Osc 1+2

And also added a flag that switches the behavior from unipolar to bipolar so you can control presets that have one of those params set in the middle a bit easier. I didn't add reverse unipolar but I could see how that could be useful too

Sequential

« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2020, 03:43:11 PM »

Cutoff
PW Osc 1
PW Osc 2
PW Osc 1+2

And also added a flag that switches the behavior from unipolar to bipolar so you can control presets that have one of those params set in the middle a bit easier. I didn't add reverse unipolar but I could see how that could be useful too

Amazing. And then the polyaftertouch destinations are the same as the current aftertouch ones?

Pym

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2020, 02:01:26 AM »
Yeah, nothing else has changed really on that end but we may have an additional surprise for you guys... stay tuned ;)

Cutoff
PW Osc 1
PW Osc 2
PW Osc 1+2

Amazing. And then the polyaftertouch destinations are the same as the current aftertouch ones?
Sequential