Different Sound and transposing after update???

Different Sound and transposing after update???
« on: December 29, 2018, 06:14:31 AM »
Hi All,

today i updated my REV2/16V from 1.1.4.5 to 1.1.4.27 and recalibrated the REV2 as mentioned in the readme file.

After that i really was shocked because most of my self programmed sounds now sound very different in most of the cases but especially were i used triangle waves. So i tried to update to the actual beta version - no difference - went back to the 1.1.4.5 version - no difference - and now i'm back to the actual version 1.1.4.27 - make a guess  :-\. I recalibrated after every firmware change, but this does not help in any way.

Most of my sounds sound terrible now. Additionally the Synth is now completely "transposed" - 7 halftones deeper than before - a C is deeper G. So what is going on here? I even reset all global settings but it made no difference.

What i already figured out is, that the sound of the triangle does not sound right anymore. If i start from the init preset and use the triangle it sounds always like a mixture of triangle and saw.

I'm an experienced user but actually i have no idea what i could do. Do you have any idea?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 07:01:56 AM by wirehead »

Re: Different Sound and transposing after update???
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 07:25:47 AM »
Additionally the Synth is now completely "transposed" - 7 halftones deeper than before - a C is deeper G. So what is going on here? I even reset all global settings but it made no difference.

Obviously i had two problems. After i recalibrated all the wheels at least detuning problem is solved now.
But the sound problem still exists  :( Is there any way to do a complete factory reset were really everything (including internal DCO-Tables etc.) is resetted?
I recorded a sound from me - recreated with a Nord Lead 4 to show how it should sound (00:00 - 00:06) and in following how it actually sounds from my REV2 (00:08 - 00:16). After that i recorded the init sound of one DCO changed to triangle (incl. shape mod).