sound inconstancy

sound inconstancy
« on: February 17, 2016, 11:27:45 AM »
Hello,

I think i have a problem or im not doing something right on my tempest. For example let s say i have a 4/4 kick with a clap on the second kick and a hh between....well the kick does not sound the same, very often it slightly changes its sound; if i have 2 layered claps sometimes the sound of one or both disappear. i dont have any lfo on it, and im using diferent osc for each sound and still the same.

Thank you!

Re: sound inconstancy
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 12:23:38 AM »
Well that's a long story to explain to you...In short this inconsistency can be avoided if you follow some rules:
1. Use Wave Reset
2. Mess around with various combinations on Delay parameters for Pitch,Filter,VCA or Aux envelopes.A setting of 1 will do the trick.Also play around with VCA attack time.
4. Using the self oscillating filter is unstable as Chris stated.Try to use the waveforms of OSCs 1-4 instead.
5. Assigning a sound to a voice and plugging a jack to output that sounds can help also.
6. Take it easy on the Feedback.Settings beyond 80 create unstable environment.

I'll post it to the Tips & Tricks thread.
Hello,

I think i have a problem or im not doing something right on my tempest. For example let s say i have a 4/4 kick with a clap on the second kick and a hh between....well the kick does not sound the same, very often it slightly changes its sound; if i have 2 layered claps sometimes the sound of one or both disappear. i dont have any lfo on it, and im using diferent osc for each sound and still the same.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 12:25:58 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »