Bricked after Samples Added

LoboLives

Re: Bricked after Samples Added
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2019, 12:29:46 PM »
I agree something else is at work here. If Sequential can install their own samples with no issues and 8Dio can install their sound packs with no issues and if only some users are having their PXs bricked while others are having no issues then there is something left out of the picture here.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2019, 02:09:01 PM »
I agree something else is at work here. If Sequential can install their own samples with no issues and 8Dio can install their sound packs with no issues and if only some users are having their PXs bricked while others are having no issues then there is something left out of the picture here.

yes... proper quality testing before launch  :-X

... anyway... what are the main differences that could possibly exist then between Sequential/8DIO and users? ... the only physical difference I can see is the actual USB Stick used... but that would not be logical since everyone loads fine... this (luckily) hints at a software problem that 8DIO and Sequential and some other users simply have not run into ... yet...
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2019, 02:26:52 PM »
In that case it must be the loading/writing to the SSD that is the problem... Hope for DSI's sake that it is software related.

Quite.  The Intel SSDs should be incredibly reliable, so I'd be shocked if those were at fault.  It's likely either a problem with the filesystem used, or something about the way units were formatted at the factory.  That's part of why I tried to get a list of affected / unaffected serial #s going earlier in the thread in case there were changes to the process used during manufacturing that would bar implicated.

« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2019, 02:45:21 PM »
In that case it must be the loading/writing to the SSD that is the problem... Hope for DSI's sake that it is software related.

Quite.  The Intel SSDs should be incredibly reliable, so I'd be shocked if those were at fault.  It's likely either a problem with the filesystem used, or something about the way units were formatted at the factory.  That's part of why I tried to get a list of affected / unaffected serial #s going earlier in the thread in case there were changes to the process used during manufacturing that would bar implicated.

Well we should know tomorrow if its the SSD side of things that are causing the issue as Rewire gets his tomorrow ...

Then it will be the question of SSD hardware (unlikely) or code thats causing our strife .....

DMS

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2019, 06:35:29 PM »
My x has a broken instrument oled? It’s not bricked it’s hosed, they want me to put up a 200 dollar deposit for a replacement board, and fix it myself what a bunch of bs

Shaw

« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2019, 07:13:30 PM »
My x has a broken instrument oled? It’s not bricked it’s hosed, they want me to put up a 200 dollar deposit for a replacement board, and fix it myself what a bunch of bs
broken how?!?
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2019, 07:39:20 PM »

This is a physical problem, not software. Start a new thread.

drxcm

« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2019, 07:41:51 PM »

Seems reasonable if you want to fix it yourself.
Alternative is take it back to the store you bought it from and have them fix it under warranty.

I'd always choose an at home repair personally, if thats an option for me.

LoboLives

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2019, 11:47:21 PM »

Or you could talk to the store you got it from and assuming you got warranty on it, they will fix it for you at no cost.

TheMM

« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2019, 06:08:28 AM »
Please welcome me to the club. My XL bricked yesterday evening. Serial number 129.
I have this synth for a few weeks now and I am really in love with the possibilities and the sound that is coming out of it, but this is unacceptable. Hey, Sequential, we are not in the '90s anymore.

I had the latest firmware installed (2.0.0.0.1) and both 8DIO packs, along with some of my own samples. It worked for days. I changed nothing, and yesterday evening I wanted to switch it on and it just stopped starting at the end of the progress bar. As far as I can see in this forum and over at Gearslutz, Sequential has not found a way to unbrick the devices for more than a week. Please just release a firmware that lets the user reset the sample storage with a key combination on startup. This should be a quick interim-fix until you figured the cause of the problem. But we could go on using our synth in the meantime.

Or is it a hardware problem we are talking about?

Best,
TheMM

lyynk

« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2019, 06:12:40 AM »
Please welcome me to the club. My XL bricked yesterday evening. Serial number 129.
I have this synth for a few weeks now and I am really in love with the possibilities and the sound that is coming out of it, but this is unacceptable. Hey, Sequential, we are not in the '90s anymore.

I had the latest firmware installed (2.0.0.0.1) and both 8DIO packs, along with some of my own samples. It worked for days. I changed nothing, and yesterday evening I wanted to switch it on and it just stopped starting at the end of the progress bar. As far as I can see in this forum and over at Gearslutz, Sequential has not found a way to unbrick the devices for more than a week. Please just release a firmware that lets the user reset the sample storage with a key combination on startup. This should be a quick interim-fix until you figured the cause of the problem. But we could go on using our synth in the meantime.

Best,
TheMM

Welcome to the club TheMM !!! :-\

laurentluigi

« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2019, 06:38:26 AM »
Welcome to BC... Bricked Club....

We gonna make a football team....
but not a band yet....

Still waiting for Sequential...

« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2019, 06:39:52 AM »

Best,
TheMM

Welcome to this decreasingly exclusive club .....

« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2019, 06:42:53 AM »

As far as I can see in this forum and over at Gearslutz, Sequential has not found a way to unbrick the devices for more than a week.

Best,
TheMM

12 Days and counting ....

« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2019, 07:05:52 AM »
wow this is making me so afraid now. Bricked Prophet X's everywhere!

LoboLives

« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2019, 07:55:13 AM »
As far as Sequential not getting back to people. Remeber this happened over the holidays. Yeah it’s unfortunate timing but they do deserve some r&r and personal time. Does it suck for those affected? Yeah. Is it the end of the world? Well, unless the PX is the only synth you own then no it’s not. Just do what I did when my P6 was in the shop, play your other gear while you wait. Until Sequential announce there’s a solution or no solution, there’s no sense in moaning about it or being pessimistic.  This will get resolved fairly soon. I’m positive. There is no way Dave would allow the PX to become a rompler or shrug off defective $5k synths.

laurentluigi

« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2019, 08:24:42 AM »
I've send all my instruments to buy my Prophet X.
One and only......
So....
I'm naturally upset.
Solution will come.
The more we love Px the more we are going mad!!!!!

« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2019, 08:44:02 AM »
As far as Sequential not getting back to people. Remeber this happened over the holidays. Yeah it’s unfortunate timing but they do deserve some r&r and personal time. Does it suck for those affected? Yeah. Is it the end of the world? Well, unless the PX is the only synth you own then no it’s not. Just do what I did when my P6 was in the shop, play your other gear while you wait. Until Sequential announce there’s a solution or no solution, there’s no sense in moaning about it or being pessimistic.  This will get resolved fairly soon. I’m positive. There is no way Dave would allow the PX to become a rompler or shrug off defective $5k synths.

Maybe with a bit of hindsight they should of not released it the week before a 2 week holiday .....

LoboLives

« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2019, 09:06:44 AM »

Maybe with a bit of hindsight they should of not released it the week before a 2 week holiday .....

As far as I’m aware, that was 8Dio that released it, not Sequential.

« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2019, 09:11:05 AM »

As far as I’m aware, that was 8Dio that released it, not Sequential.

Oh so that makes it alright ....  ::)