Bricked after Samples Added

lyynk

Re: Bricked after Samples Added
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2019, 09:38:36 AM »
I just received the SSD exchange for my Prophet X who was frize and everything works normally! :-)

I would reinstall my add on Prophet 5. By cons, no installation of user sample in the PX until sequential does not offer a serious update that definitely fixes this freeze problem when there is a sample / file that has a problem on the SSDs.
Anyway, with all the sound material sampled 8Dio already present in the PX, I already have a life of sound creation with ... I'm not n the urgency to put other samples inside for the moment, there is already so much to do with ....
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:50:38 AM by lyynk »

« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2019, 10:25:08 AM »
I just received the SSD exchange for my Prophet X who was frize and everything works normally! :-)

I would reinstall my add on Prophet 5. By cons, no installation of user sample in the PX until sequential does not offer a serious update that definitely fixes this freeze problem when there is a sample / file that has a problem on the SSDs.
Anyway, with all the sound material sampled 8Dio already present in the PX, I already have a life of sound creation with ... I'm not n the urgency to put other samples inside for the moment, there is already so much to do with ....

Great, super pleased another user has fixed their PX ... My SSD should be here in the UK Friday ...

lyynk

« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2019, 03:26:20 PM »
They just told me by email that they are actively working to identify the cause of the crash we have encountered. They will be releasing an updated OS as soon as possible...

« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2019, 10:58:24 PM »
BAD NEWS!   BRICKED AGAIN!

After a few days of working synth with my samples, I had patches that used the Last Prophet-5 Library so I added it back tonight.  It took it and loaded all sounds and played them without needing a restart and my patches found them and played fine. All was going well until I tried the restart.  Then same freeze as before, at top of the startup bar

I just tried the 2.0 Bootloader - NO, then The FPGA Updater - NO, Then 2.0 Bootloader again, nothing.

The Prophet-5 was loaded and working fine before my first crash but adding samples froze that first drive.   With the new drive this time it was adding Prophet after I had working samples that did it.

« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2019, 12:45:18 AM »

After a few days of working synth with my samples, I had patches that used the Last Prophet-5 Library so I added it back tonight.  It took it and loaded all sounds and played them without needing a restart and my patches found them and played fine. All was going well until I tried the restart.  Then same freeze as before, at top of the startup bar

I just tried the 2.0 Bootloader - NO, then The FPGA Updater - NO, Then 2.0 Bootloader again, nothing.

The Prophet-5 was loaded and working fine before my first crash but adding samples froze that first drive.   With the new drive this time it was adding Prophet after I had working samples that did it.

Oh man that sucks ... what have DSI said ?

laurentluigi

« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2019, 01:00:18 AM »
 :(

TheMM

« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2019, 01:03:15 AM »

After a few days of working synth with my samples, I had patches that used the Last Prophet-5 Library so I added it back tonight.

Hmmm, didn't Sequential tell you not to use custom samples for the moment?
It's still the old firmware, the bug is not fixed, so why should it not freeze again if you do the same thing?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2019, 01:35:38 AM »
Well.. if someone was told that Sequential is working on it at the moment, and that a new OS will be uploaded as soon as possible, then you should be able to conclude that the problem is with the OS software...

I just really do not understand why 8DIO have never experienced such a crash case then with all of those packs they've created, and now people are getting bricked machines even after having installed ONLY the Prophet pack from 8DIO themselves!? ... why in the h*** will that bank brick someones PX, but not 8DIO's!? ... they are running the same darn OS versions I suppose.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

laurentluigi

« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2019, 01:52:03 AM »
So... for the moment... what should we do ?

Change SSD, do not import samples and do not import the 2 adds on !!?
I'm a bit lost again.....

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2019, 01:53:49 AM »
So... for the moment... what should we do ?

Change SSD, do not import samples and do not import the 2 adds on !!?
I'm a bit lost again.....

Yeah basically that is what you have to do... see the PX as a temporary ROM'pler, and cross your fingers that Sequential will resolve this fast.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

TheMM

« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2019, 04:08:34 AM »
To you guys who already exchanged the SSD: which screws do I need to loosen to open the XL. Just the ones on the left and right pieces, or any others?
Just received the SSD but without any further description...

LoboLives

« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2019, 04:16:38 AM »
Plenty of onboard content in the PX already that one can work with until a new OS gets released.

« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2019, 04:54:18 AM »
To you guys who already exchanged the SSD: which screws do I need to loosen to open the XL. Just the ones on the left and right pieces, or any others?
Just received the SSD but without any further description...

This should help you:

A repair of a Prophet X

TheMM

« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2019, 05:27:15 AM »
This should help you:

A repair of a Prophet X

Thanks!!!

laurentluigi

« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2019, 05:37:30 AM »
Careful !
I think the SSD is under the keyboard !
Don't to take off all the buttons !

laurentluigi

« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2019, 05:39:58 AM »
Sorry TheMM !!
I've got problem with the file I have to send You !!
I gonna try again !

laurentluigi

« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2019, 05:41:08 AM »
The process to install the hard drive is relatively easy and requires no more than a screwdriver to perform. Start by removing any power, audio, MIDI/USB, and/or pedal connectivity from the synth.
1.   Remove the 3 screws in each wood end. Remove the wood ends.
(see attached WoodSideLeft.jpeg, Wood SideRight.jpg)
2.   Place a piece of soft material down and flip the instrument over face down on top of the material.
3.   Remove the 2 screws which hold the wheel box to the metal underside. The first screw is located immediately to the right, and slightly down, from the left front rubber foot.
(see attached WheelToMetalScrews.jpeg)
4.   Remove the 4 screws which hold the hard drive to the metal work.
(see attached HardDriveScrews.jpg)
5.   Flip the instrument back over. Remove the 3 screws on the left side, and the 2 screws on the rights side of the synth.
(see attached ScrewsLeftSide.jpeg, ScrewsRightSide.jpeg)
6.   The front panel can now be flipped open. The panel is hinged at the rear and has a lanyard to keep the top panel in place.
7.   Remove the SATA and power cable from the hard drive and replace the hard drive.
Reassemble the synth in the reverse order of disassembly.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2019, 08:38:01 AM »
We've confirmed the probable cause of the crash and are awaiting a faulty hard drive to be returned to verify our fix. We expect one hard drive to arrive for testing in the office today. Barring any unforeseen problems, we anticipate having an OS update with a fix by the end of this week or early next week.

Other PX users, please hold tight on loading any new content to the synth until we get this new OS out.

Our apologies to all who are having troubles in this regard. Rest assured we are working hard to resolve the issue.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2019, 08:58:43 AM »
We've confirmed the probable cause of the crash and are awaiting a faulty hard drive to be returned to verify our fix. We expect one hard drive to arrive for testing in the office today. Barring any unforeseen problems, we anticipate having an OS update with a fix by the end of this week or early next week.

Other PX users, please hold tight on loading any new content to the synth until we get this new OS out.

Our apologies to all who are having troubles in this regard. Rest assured we are working hard to resolve the issue.

Carson, when you issue the new OS update can you please make this available in sysex format as well as the standard bin file method.

Thanks.

« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2019, 09:07:03 AM »

After a few days of working synth with my samples, I had patches that used the Last Prophet-5 Library so I added it back tonight.

Hmmm, didn't Sequential tell you not to use custom samples for the moment?
It's still the old firmware, the bug is not fixed, so why should it not freeze again if you do the same thing?

No. Instead I sent my User Samples to Sequential and they were tested and had no issues.  So i put them immediately into my new drive 10 minutes after confirming it worked.   Couple of days later I got back into using the PX in production and realized I needed the P5 patches I created when I had the pack installed before.  Didn't suspect that would be the crash catalyst this time.

Carson, a new drive is required to be swapped before running the new update?   This update I assume then won't unbrick a machine, just prevent future bricking?

thanks!  Dan