Bricked after Samples Added

Bricked after Samples Added
« on: December 27, 2018, 09:16:15 PM »
I have been using the 8DIO sample loader fine for a week and loaded about 4 soundsets onto the PX with success and played them fine.

Tonight I added 4 more soundsets and they loaded from USB to the PX fine but when I restarted the PX it is frozen with the startup bar at maximum and frozen.  I have restarted it a few times and it won't get past that screen.

How do I get this running again?  Hope I don't have to lose all my patches in the process if it needs a factory reset.  The Last Prophet is in there too.

Edit:  I did submit a support ticket but also realized the last update I did to the PX was PxUpdate_V1.2.2.0.1.

Well, can't update now its frozen  :-\

Dan

« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 09:43:58 PM by REwire »

Re: Bricked after Samples Added
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 03:39:42 PM »
I have been using the 8DIO sample loader fine for a week and loaded about 4 soundsets onto the PX with success and played them fine.

Tonight I added 4 more soundsets and they loaded from USB to the PX fine but when I restarted the PX it is frozen with the startup bar at maximum and frozen.  I have restarted it a few times and it won't get past that screen.

How do I get this running again?  Hope I don't have to lose all my patches in the process if it needs a factory reset.  The Last Prophet is in there too.

Edit:  I did submit a support ticket but also realized the last update I did to the PX was PxUpdate_V1.2.2.0.1.

Well, can't update now its frozen  :-\

Dan

I know they have a way to update from the bootloader with a combo keypress at startup. A few people here with early units had issues resolved by this,but I can't remember the steps. I bet one of the early posts in here have details. Otherwise DSI support should be able to help.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 05:27:41 PM »
Quote from: mildwest
I know they have a way to update from the bootloader with a combo keypress at startup. A few people here with early units had issues resolved by this,but I can't remember the steps. I bet one of the early posts in here have details. Otherwise DSI support should be able to help.

Carson has emailed me bootloader OS and then FPGA and nothing has unbricked it yet.

laurentluigi

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 11:08:55 PM »
Hi,
Same to me.....but on a Pc.

Freezed at the maximum.
I'm waiting for an answer from Sequential....

lyynk

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 11:22:21 AM »
Same problem for me...
I'm waiting for an answer and can't use the Prophet X...

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 02:23:47 PM »
Mine is bricked as well after loading user samples !!!! Not Happy

Ive raised a ticket.

instagram.com/synthjam
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 02:31:01 PM by SynthJam »

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 02:38:56 PM »
I have notified 8DIO as well ... their email to contact is support@8dio.com

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 03:30:35 PM »
I have notified 8DIO as well ... their email to contact is support@8dio.com

And according to what you said on Gearslutz, 8DIO has already responded that it's DSI's PX software that's the issue?

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 03:31:56 PM »
Yep that was after i posted here ... shooting at it from all angles ....

LoboLives

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 11:26:30 PM »
I’ll hold off attempting it until this is resolved.

laurentluigi

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 11:30:53 PM »
Sequential contact me this night for informationa....
I must wait for the answer.

Holidays are over.....

I hope the best for people like me....with a freeze Prophet.....
I can't wait to fix everything.
So frustrated....

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 05:23:26 AM »
OK ATTENTION !!!

Everyone who has a bricked PX please also raise a ticket with 8Dio or chat with them on their site chat, they've told me I'm the only person to have raised the issue with them, I feel its to do with the sample import as only users that have used this are the ones who have bricked machines. So thats why i've been in contact with them. but the more info they have the better picture they will have as to what is happening. 8Dio have been very responsive but we are still without a solution 

Still not heard a peep from DSI Seq

laurentluigi

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2019, 07:13:00 AM »
You're right.
I've done it.
Many thanks Man!

Shaw

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2019, 08:47:45 AM »
I’ll hold off attempting it until this is resolved.
Indeed
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

LoboLives

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2019, 09:50:41 AM »
Something must be lost in communication because Sequential literally just did a video showing how to do sample import. This will get worked out soon enough. Remember guys it's Jan 3. Most businesses don't open up shop again until the 7th. Give Dave and company some time to enjoy themselves. The PX's will be fixed and the sample import will work and the BETA software will turn into official software with more features. Just got to have patience.

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 10:16:12 AM »
Something must be lost in communication because Sequential literally just did a video showing how to do sample import. This will get worked out soon enough. Remember guys it's Jan 3. Most businesses don't open up shop again until the 7th. Give Dave and company some time to enjoy themselves. The PX's will be fixed and the sample import will work and the BETA software will turn into official software with more features. Just got to have patience.

I take it you haven't got a bricked PX that you've paid thousands for that is just sat there?

blewis

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 01:31:12 PM »
I take it you haven't got a bricked PX that you've paid thousands for that is just sat there?

I understand this is hard and you feel anxious. From my years of experience with DSI/Sequential support, everything is going to get sorted out. What I think the _worst_ case for you might be they have to mail you an internal board that you swap. Worst case. That's my own personal worst case scenario for you. Hopefully they can fix it remote.

Unfortunately, you've fallen victim to having the very small company out of the office for year end vacation. But once they get caught up, your issue will be handled.

I hope that helps. I'm just a dude on the internet, but I've dealt with these guys for years now.

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 01:48:52 PM »
DSI is going to send me a new hard drive to swap.  I sent them the last sample ZIPs that I uploaded to the PX that bricked it and they loaded and booted up fine on the DSI shop PX

Whether this is a hardware or hard drive issue will certainly be tested in the next week as I'll upload those same samples the second the PX turns on successfully (if it does).

Dan
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 02:28:49 PM by REwire »

LoboLives

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 06:37:34 PM »

No but I've experienced something similar with my P6 and a faulty board that needed to be replaced. What did I do? Played my other instruments while it was in the shop. Sequential isn't going to dismiss you or what's happening, they are good people and you are in good hands.

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2019, 08:38:06 PM »
I can only echo that sentiment.  They care a great deal about their customers and getting things right, so rest assured they’ll take care of this.  I know it’s frustrating to be without in the meantime.