Prophet 6 and Protools midi issues [Solved]

Prophet 6 and Protools midi issues [Solved]
« on: December 27, 2018, 06:22:54 PM »
Hey

I’m having an issue and was wondering if anyone came across this situation.

I have a prophet 6 plugged into a motu express XT for midi and the audio is being plugged into a behringer interface.

I have been successful at setting up a midi track that inputs and records midi data and playsback midi data from the prophet 6

However when I playback a recorded passage through midi data AND record over it to turn knobs , use mod wheels , etc there is a weird phenomenon happening of midi bugs; echoing of pitch bends that go out of tune right after the initial pitch bend, when you turn the cutoff, it’ll rise and fall and then all of the sudden start rising in accordance to the pitch wheel. ( and no there is no previously recorded midi data ) and other weird performer based issues.

But when I play the recording back there are no glitches or bugs and it playsback the exact movements I created.

Also I’d like to this is not solely exclusive for the prophet 6, but I notice this when I use my mini moog and attempt to record parameter and control changes over a passage of recorded midi

If anyone has any ideas please let me know
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 12:16:54 PM by extempo »
Prophet~6|Prophet~10 Rev3|Prophet~10 Rev4|OB-6|OB-Xa |Minimoog Model-D (reissue)|Tempest|DMX|LinnDrum|Drumtraks

Re: Prophet 6 and Protools midi issues
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 11:23:22 AM »
Hey

I’m having an issue and was wondering if anyone came across this situation.

I have a prophet 6 plugged into a motu express XT for midi and the audio is being plugged into a behringer interface.

I have been successful at setting up a midi track that inputs and records midi data and playsback midi data from the prophet 6 from pro tools 12.6

However when I playback a recorded passage through midi data AND record over it to turn knobs , use mod wheels , etc there is a weird phenomenon happening of midi bugs; echoing of pitch bends that go out of tune right after the initial pitch bend, when you turn the cutoff, it’ll rise and fall and then all of the sudden start rising in accordance to the pitch wheel. ( and no there is no previously recorded midi data ) and other weird performer based issues.

But when I play the recording back there are no glitches or bugs and it playsback the exact movements I created.

Also I’d like to this is not solely exclusive for the prophet 6, but I notice this when I use my mini moog and attempt to record parameter and control changes over a passage of recorded midi

If anyone has any ideas please let me know

Solved

Solution : upgrading to pro tools 12.10 fixed this.
Prophet~6|Prophet~10 Rev3|Prophet~10 Rev4|OB-6|OB-Xa |Minimoog Model-D (reissue)|Tempest|DMX|LinnDrum|Drumtraks