Table Stand Recommendations

Sleep of Reason

Table Stand Recommendations
« on: December 23, 2018, 10:34:54 AM »
I need a sturdy table stand that preferably has padding where the Tempest would touch against. It also needs to be tall enough to peer over a keyboard with a 4.9" height.

I've seen people use what looks like DJ comp stands (as pictured), but I'm not sure which ones are good... Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: Table Stand Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 12:59:18 PM »
I'm actually thinking about something like this too... but after having drummed a bit on my Tempest pads and finding that a lot of the fun comes from the pressure sensitive pads as well, it would require a quite sturdy stand to withstand the force you actually apply to the pads... some of those pictures show stuff that look quite brittle (?)...

I'll probably end up trying to build a stand myself from sturdy wood... I don't think there are any other options...
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Sleep of Reason

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 01:11:33 PM »
Yep, sturdiness when playing the pads is a big factor for me as well. 

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 01:24:02 AM »
I use the Odyssey L stand for Tempest.
No problems here in regard to the stability and sturdiness of playing the pads.

Regards

Tim
Tim

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 01:52:36 AM »
That L stand looks interesting, but there are lots of other options in that range that may suit... I found this one: https://www.thomann.de/dk/km_12180.htm which looks interesting, mainly because it allows me to place the feet underneath my keyboard, and getting the Tempest within reach, and right in front of me, instead of at the side.

I like that this one can be regulated in angle, plus it's having adjustable rubber pads to protect the Tempest from getting scratched... especially because you would be beating at it quite hard sometimes.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 02:02:04 AM by Razmo »

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 03:12:25 AM »
I actually think I'll go for two of these for each side of my corner desktop table: https://www.thomann.de/dk/millenium_laptopstand_clamp.htm

I realize that most of these PC stands are way too tall to allow for a computer monitor behind it, so the former one I linked to will not cut it for me anyway... this one allow for fastening to the table at each side, and thus raised enough for you to still access the upper and lower octaves of the keyboard, and a monitor placed just behind the keys.

Sleep of Reason

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 11:12:15 AM »
I found this one: https://www.thomann.de/dk/km_12180.htm which looks interesting, mainly because it allows me to place the feet underneath my keyboard, and getting the Tempest within reach, and right in front of me, instead of at the side.
Just what I was looking for and ... ordered! 

Thank you both for the recommendations.