Sample Sharing

Sample Sharing
« on: December 22, 2018, 09:01:21 PM »
I thought it would be a good idea to start sharing samples in one cohesive thread.  I'll start with this off the wall soundscape.  Download link below.

Soundset: Using a Synthesis Technology E-350 Eurorack module modified by Xaoc Batumi LFO and others fed into a few algorithms of the Eventide H9000 Harmonizer effects rack.  Currently, there is only 1 sample mapping in the ambient category.  The mapping consists of 4 samples.  The root notes of the 4 samples are: C2, D2, E2, F2.  Any other pitches you hear across the keyboard is the Prophet X automagically pitching the closest sample.  These are 1 minute long samples which should reduce the requirement for looping them.

This is mainly a test of the sample utility.  I may change this particular sample set in the future to encompass much more.  We shall see.  So far, it's been a lot of fun putting this kind of thing together.

Instructions: Unzip the file and place the resulting folder on the USB stick formatted by the Prophet X under "px". If you already have u00 in use try renaming the folder to u01 or later.  I haven't tried this but I suspect that would work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7g22wz38kfxvcw/E-350vsH9000.zip?dl=0

Fantom 7 | Moog One | Pro3 | Summit | OB-X8 | Digitakt | Digitone | Syntakt | Iridium KB | 7u x 104hp Eurorack | H9000 | A&H SQ5 Mixer

Re: Sample Sharing
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 05:44:51 AM »
Hi, thanks for sharing!
But the link doesn't work....
Can you post it again? Grazie!

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 05:47:53 AM »
Here just small samples of Fairlight Sarraarr

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 08:00:36 PM »
Hi, thanks for sharing!
But the link doesn't work....
Can you post it again? Grazie!

There didn't seem to be a lot of interest.  Lots of individuals looking at the thread, no one commenting, so I deleted it and I don't have a recoverable copy either.  It was only an experiment that wasted an entire user bank on 1 sample with 4 notes playing unique sounds for 1 minute each.

It sounded great and I was able to experiment heavily with what I created.  My next plan is to start making some more samples and wait for an update to the 8dio sample management software before I do any further packs.  My next one will be worthy of using an entire user slot, that is certain.
Fantom 7 | Moog One | Pro3 | Summit | OB-X8 | Digitakt | Digitone | Syntakt | Iridium KB | 7u x 104hp Eurorack | H9000 | A&H SQ5 Mixer