Rev2 issues

Rev2 issues
« on: December 22, 2018, 01:58:35 AM »
Hi All, After updating the os to 1.4.27. a strange issues occured. I go to f1 or u1 112 ‘industrial noise’, then all of the preset become a mass with noise and completly bad. I have to switch off and on the instrument then it works well, but if i visited f1 or u1 112 preset all preset would go mass again. What is that? I’m not shure if i had the same issues before the update or not. How can i fix it? Thank you!!!

Re: Rev2 issues
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 02:51:44 AM »
I solved my problem! I try to update several times, but the results was the same. So at the last update I slowed down the upload speed to 50% and that was the solition! My rev2 works
good right now under 1.1.4.27 os! I just wanted to share this, if some of you face with the same problem... All the best!

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 02:58:39 AM »
Did that "noise" sound like sample rate reduction or ring modulated?

The latest OS is 1.1.5.1 an that one fixed some bugs concerning something that sounded like rate reduction og ring modulation... it's not completely fixed though, and it is still on their Bug Fix list for a future update.

It sounds to me like this is the bug you experienced... it happens with certain modulation settings in the Mod Matrix, and usually only on layer B... when it is first heard, it's impossible to get rid of it, and it sounds on all other patches until you switch off the REV2 and turn it on again.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 03:02:12 AM by Razmo »
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 08:39:56 AM »
Razmo, since you seem to know a lot about the Rev2, do you know if Polyphonic Unison is a feature they plan to implement in the future?  Thx
Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 08:45:48 AM »
Razmo, since you seem to know a lot about the Rev2, do you know if Polyphonic Unison is a feature they plan to implement in the future?  Thx

Nope... I know it has been requested several times in the past, but i do not recall them responding to the request... they rarely do respond in any case about requests so it may happen... or not... i hope it because it would definitely be nice to allocate a couple of voices like that in unison... I just would not get my hopes up for it...
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 10:21:33 AM »
Did that "noise" sound like sample rate reduction or ring modulated?

The latest OS is 1.1.5.1 an that one fixed some bugs concerning something that sounded like rate reduction og ring modulation... it's not completely fixed though, and it is still on their Bug Fix list for a future update.

It sounds to me like this is the bug you experienced... it happens with certain modulation settings in the Mod Matrix, and usually only on layer B... when it is first heard, it's impossible to get rid of it, and it sounds on all other patches until you switch off the REV2 and turn it on again.

Thank you! Yes your description is exact! It is really strange, but i hope i solved this with the ‘slow speed’ update fron sysex. The problem haven’t occured since my last update yet. But I’m a bit affraid about my own patch can cause something like this if was a mod matrix issue which is  not compelitly solved in OS 1.1.4.27 . I can not download the 1.1.5.1 version. So thank you again!!!