Still calibrating.

mf

Still calibrating.
« on: December 16, 2018, 08:53:05 AM »
Hi.
I am just updating perfectly my Prophet rev2 for OS – 1.1.4.27.
I am now trying to calibrate oscillators and filters as it is recommended but it stacks for about 15 minutes.
The screen shows

Calibrating...
Voice...1
Osc 1...10
Osc 2...3

Nothing else happens.
Is this normal?
Is this takes so long?
I'm asking you because I read that I don't have to turn it off while its doing this.
Any suggestion?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: Still calibrating.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 08:58:39 AM »
Yes... this is normal, but don't talk about it, it's a secret  ::)

You have to switch off the REV2 after it has warmed up for about half an hour, wait full 10 sec. and then turn it on again... then do your calibration... then it will go thru the calibration routine without any problems... point is; many users have trouble with the calibration freezing if the REV2 has warmed up first... sometimes it's slow as f***, other times it simply freeze... why it works when switching off and on again i cannot tell you, but I bet it's a hardware flaw...

And don't worry... you can safely turn it off even if it has frozen... you just have to do the calibration again...
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 08:59:50 AM »
Hi.
I am now trying to calibrate oscillators and filters as it is recommended but it stacks for about 15 minutes.
The screen shows

Calibrating...
Voice...1
Osc 1...10
Osc 2...3

Nothing else happens.
Is this normal?
Is this takes so long?
I'm asking you because I read that I don't have to turn it off while its doing this.
Any suggestion?
Hi. You can safely turn it off and on and start calibration again. 😊
IMac Mid 2013, Cubase 9Pro, Prophet Rev 2 8voice

mf

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 09:49:34 AM »
Hi!
Thanks for the fast answer!
I believe that it won’t be any problem if it will still on for about 5 hours..........
I thought it won’t take so much time and now I’m out of home but i’ll check it when I go home.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 10:01:46 AM »
Hi!
I believe that it won’t be any problem if it will still on for about 5 hours..........
I thought it won’t take so much time and now I’m out of home but i’ll check it when I go home.

it takes about less than 5 minutes if you do the steps i wrote :)

mf

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 10:20:14 AM »
Hi!

What I mean is that i will be at home in 5 hours and then I will do what you have mention.
will it be any problem if i will close it in 5 hours ?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 01:48:22 PM »
Hi!

What I mean is that i will be at home in 5 hours and then I will do what you have mention.

No, not at all... Only thing important is that it has warmed up to operating temperature before you calibrate the filters. After five hours it has certainly reached that.

mf

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2018, 02:45:03 PM »
Hi!
Thank you Razmo.
Yes everything now it's fine.
I turn it off, I wait for about 20 sec and then I turn it on again.
I start calibrate it and everything works fine!
But I see that I have to calibrate pitch and mod wheels too because it doesn't work.
I did it and everything works fine too.
Thanks for the help!

Hi!

No, not at all... Only thing important is that it has warmed up to operating temperature before you calibrate the filters. After five hours it has certainly reached that.

mf

Re: Still calibrating (SOLVED)
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 01:50:06 PM »
Hi.
The screen shows

Calibrating...
Voice...1
Osc 1...10
Osc 2...3

Nothing else happens.
Is this normal?
Is this takes so long?
Any suggestion?