Your thoughts on Sample Import Tool (first Beta)

laurentluigi

Re: Your thoughts on Sample Import Tool (first Beta)
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2019, 07:12:44 AM »
I've read :
"blah blah blah,

blah blah blah blah, blah blah.

blah blah."

:-X

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2019, 07:19:47 AM »
I simply cannot understand why Sequential will accept this kind of response... they promised the X users that a sample import utility would be available in december last year... instead they get a crippled, bug-laden beta, and any questions about when a working full-featured version is available is answered with this kind of rubbish!

Honestly Sequential... do something about this! ... it is slowly beginning to piss off users... personally I'm warning people around the net when they are asking about the Prophet X, telling them the truth about the import utility so that they know what they are going into, and I'll continue doing so until there is a clear answer on this matter... you cannot treat customers this way!
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Shaw

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2019, 08:26:14 AM »
... it is slowly beginning to piss off users...
Nah... we passed "pissed off" a few weeks ago.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2019, 08:28:10 AM »
... it is slowly beginning to piss off users...
Nah... we passed "pissed off" a few weeks ago.

I certainly hope you're still pissed off... never accept somthing like this... it's arrogance on behalf of Sequential to keep being quiet

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2019, 12:32:25 PM »
We don't have anything to add at this time other than what's already been said. It's a partnership and under the current agreement we don't control the sample import software, so it's more complicated than simply reacting to "do something to fix it right now!!"

Your patience is appreciated while we navigate this part of the Prophet X's future, we are not ignoring you.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Shaw

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2019, 12:42:11 PM »
We don't have anything to add at this time other than what's already been said. It's a partnership and under the current agreement we don't control the sample import software, so it's more complicated than simply reacting to "do something to fix it right now!!"

Your patience is appreciated while we navigate this part of the Prophet X's future, we are not ignoring you.
How about instructions on creating velocity layers and round robins (see above) without depending on 8dio.  That would go a long way toward making most of us happy. 

This isn't a "do something to fix it right now!!" scenario.
This is a "you're not living up to statements made about a products use when advertising it" scenario.
Big difference.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2019, 01:03:48 PM »
Again, we're working on it. So far sample import is there. Yes, it's not perfect, but it does work. There are a couple of forum members that have created workarounds for the current implementation, so obviously it is possible to do what you want.

However, navigating a solution on the backend takes time when two companies are involved, which unfortunately isn't necessarily how long you or I want it to take, but that's the reality of it.

To reiterate, we have every intention of supporting our product.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2019, 02:10:02 PM »
This is really vague... It is a very simple question you are asked... Will you make sure a full featured sample import utility is released... You can easily answer that... There are three possible answers:

1. Yes
2. No
3. We do not know

I interpret you current answer as number 3... And that is not good enough. You say that there is a sample import tool now, as if this lives up to what you promised in december... That is a really bad way to try and run from what you must have known the users would have thought this utility to be... How on earth can you think that people would be satisfied with a crippled piece of utility kit!?

I do not know what has gone wrong here, but I cannot believe that this was Sequential's initial goal for this superb samplersynth... And I cannot understand why you would want to keep your customers in the dark like this... I like your products, but sometimes you just act really weird when it comes to customer support... What does it hurt to reveal what is going on? Are you afraid it will hurt sales? What do you think happens to future sales when people get tricked like this?

It is now the second time that you release a product with future additions promised... Both times have proven to give problems... Maybe this will be the last time... I certainly hope so!

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2019, 02:19:37 PM »
We're not keeping anybody in the dark. If you reread what I said, we have an agreement with another company that is handing the sample import utility at this time. It is going to take some time for us to move forward, and there are multiple outcomes depending on which variables do what, some of which are out of our control.

We've beat this topic to death, so it's done.

Again, please be patient. We're moving as quickly as we can. We want the best for the Prophet X and we will operate under that protocol.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM