Your thoughts on Sample Import Tool (first Beta)

Re: Your thoughts on Sample Import Tool (first Beta)
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2019, 03:49:32 PM »
8dio is 100% in control of the software import tool, so it's puzzling that they would tell you to contact us. They will have any and all information regarding future releases since they own it.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2019, 05:47:12 PM »
8dio is 100% in control of the software import tool, so it's puzzling that they would tell you to contact us. They will have any and all information regarding future releases since they own it.
#Partnerships

drxcm

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2019, 02:11:45 AM »

Currently, the buggy and incomplete beta tool isn't what users had reasonably expected at this time point.
8dio are telling customers to contact Sequential about it.
And Sequential are saying 'it's got nothing to do with us'.

That's not really an acceptable situation!

blewis

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2019, 05:44:04 AM »
Currently, the buggy and incomplete beta tool isn't what users had reasonably expected at this time point.

I was okay with the beta state in December. However, we’re coming up on March and not a peep from 8DIO. 8DIO didn’t even bother to respond to me asking if they planned to add velocity switching and round robin.

I hope Sequential has negotiated timelines with these guys.

laurentluigi

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2019, 06:54:03 AM »
You're right.
It's a un-commercial state of mind...
If the soft is released with everything in it, no one will buy the next Adds on anymore....

that's the paradox...!!!

Shaw

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2019, 02:26:53 PM »
You're right.
It's a un-commercial state of mind...
If the soft is released with everything in it, no one will buy the next Adds on anymore....

that's the paradox...!!!
I’m not sure I’d agree with that... the Last Prophet Add-on was very well done and decently priced.  Having the software finished wouldn’t change my interest in the Add-Ons... I don’t have access to Dave’s personal Prophet 5 for example.

That being said, I agree that 8dio couldn’t be handling this any worse.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

drxcm

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2019, 02:53:25 PM »
I too would still buy add-on packs even if the user sample software worked.
The problem is 3rd parties can't make any 'full featured' packs right now - so this may still be a commercially motivated decision.

It's really poor form.  Hopefully they become aware of this thread and do something to make it right before their reputation is further affected.

laurentluigi

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2019, 01:24:43 AM »
You're right about the Prophet 5 Add.
A very good stuff.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2019, 09:53:05 AM »

And you guys claim that you "learned from the TEMPEST mistake" !?

Now I have to ask this: Do you have anything at all to say about the release of a full (and i mean FULL, as in all features included, and FREE!) sample import utility? ... it seems that anyone at Sequential are very silent about the sample import tool, and i would REALLY like to know before I buy a Prophet X, if I will be GUARANTEED to get a fully featured sample import utility to use with the Prophet X?
If you need me, follow the shadows...

laurentluigi

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2019, 07:45:40 AM »
Maybe we could join forces...
One mail per day per person to ask....
We'll maybe get an quick answer and maybe more!
It's typically French ... but it works !!!!!!
;)

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2019, 02:22:10 PM »

And you guys claim that you "learned from the TEMPEST mistake" !?

Now I have to ask this: Do you have anything at all to say about the release of a full (and i mean FULL, as in all features included, and FREE!) sample import utility? ... it seems that anyone at Sequential are very silent about the sample import tool, and i would REALLY like to know before I buy a Prophet X, if I will be GUARANTEED to get a fully featured sample import utility to use with the Prophet X?

I wonder how long it will take to actually get a reasonable answer to this question... I do not get why we get all that silence regarding this sample import utility... the features that are missing currently are some features i will not be able to live without if I ever get a Prophet X... I'd REALLY like to get a straight answer to this... Is the sample import app beyond Sequentials influence? ... will it be solely 8DIO who decides weather or not the users get a crippled version, or a full featured version?

I really do not think that my question is at all unfair...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2019, 02:24:16 PM »
Would it be completely impossible for DSI to release the information needed for third party developers to create a sample import utility as well? ... or have they signed the rights to such an app solely for 8DIO?

blewis

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2019, 02:27:04 PM »
It sorta feels like a service was contracted out to someone who contracted out and the real developer has disappeared. It’s pretty common. That could explain the “don’t say anything until we have a handle on it”.

100% unfounded speculation on my part. But that’s what silence creates.

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2019, 03:05:41 AM »
Would it be completely impossible for DSI to release the information needed for third party developers to create a sample import utility as well? ... or have they signed the rights to such an app solely for 8DIO?

good question
PT10/12HD, Logic X, Digital Performer, Vienna Ensemble Pro
cMP 5,1 Catalina; MacBook Pro

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2019, 11:40:21 AM »

At the moment the whole situation with 8dio not delivering sample packs and releasing a sample import tool that is hard to even call beta level I find astonishing. Only two very average sample packs released since the PX announce date in 2108 and here we are now in March 2019 zero sample packs and zero communication, again astonishing. The Prophet X is a great product with hugh potential, it's shameful that 8dio risk tarnishing it's reputation. I really cannot believe the Dave Smith can be happy with this situation.

8dio I think it's time to put up or shut up and let someone else do this work!

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2019, 12:08:10 PM »
I managed to load velocity layers with round robin samples per layer onto the Prophet X/XL. It's early proof of concept code, with some manual editing involved. The code still needs to be refactored, some features added, and cleaned up before it's useable for a reasonable workflow and by others, but it's a start. Here's a quick Instagram video demoing the layers loaded with 4 WAV files (2 velocity layers with 2 samples each for round robining of each layer). [Note: this is using my code, not the official Sample Mapping Utility.]

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu5NKidl-Ib/
Jeff Kellem—Typeface designer, Composer, Pianist, Analog synths, Dancer
ASMAC (American Society of Music Arrangers and Composers) Board Member
https://1403.slantedhall.com/ | https://slantedhall.com/ | https://asmac.org/

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2019, 02:58:32 PM »
I managed to load velocity layers with round robin samples per layer onto the Prophet X/XL. It's early proof of concept code, with some manual editing involved. The code still needs to be refactored, some features added, and cleaned up before it's useable for a reasonable workflow and by others, but it's a start. Here's a quick Instagram video demoing the layers loaded with 4 WAV files (2 velocity layers with 2 samples each for round robining of each layer). [Note: this is using my code, not the official Sample Mapping Utility.]

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu5NKidl-Ib/

Cool!

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2019, 05:50:11 PM »

You’re not alone!  I’ve been doing likewise for months.  The trickier part is doing so in a way that Sequential and 8Dio will be happy with, and that’s something I’ve written numerous lengthy messages to the nice folks at Sequential about.  I think it’s fair to say they’re definitely aware of the interest.

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2019, 06:51:15 AM »
I´ve got a reply from 8Dio regarding the mapping utility

"Thank you for contacting our support.

We have a lot of libraries planned for the Prophet X coming up; our development team is working on the application for the Mapping Utility, we are unable to reveal future packs/releases at this time. Keep an eye on your newsletter as we will be releasing more information soon.

Please let us know if you have any questions and we will be happy to assist.

8Dio Support."
PT10/12HD, Logic X, Digital Performer, Vienna Ensemble Pro
cMP 5,1 Catalina; MacBook Pro

Shaw

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2019, 07:04:59 AM »
Totally useless
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |