Your thoughts on Sample Import Tool (first Beta)

Your thoughts on Sample Import Tool (first Beta)
« on: December 17, 2018, 07:53:51 PM »
I got to use this finally and I'm liking it. One thing I noticed is that some samples sound better in the PX than others do. I'm thinking I should get the editor/librarian now. Looks like I will run out of patch locations before I run out of memory.

LoboLives

Re: Your thoughts on Sample Import Tool (first Beta)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 08:29:39 PM »
What programs would be best for creating samples with loop points and specified keys? I thought for sure the mapper would have had this ability.

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 04:26:18 PM »
I would like to know also, still this greatly expands the possibilities. I would be willing to pay for a program which does more than this though....

What programs would be best for creating samples with loop points and specified keys? I thought for sure the mapper would have had this ability.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 08:21:06 PM »

I too would like thoughts on this. I was hoping for something far more comprehensive.
Fantom 7 | Moog One | Pro3 | Summit | OB-X8 | Digitakt | Digitone | Syntakt | Iridium KB | 7u x 104hp Eurorack | H9000 | A&H SQ5 Mixer

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 01:37:14 PM »

What about Sample Robot, maybe this would cover these requirements?

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 04:02:28 PM »

What about Sample Robot, maybe this would cover these requirements?

If you have a Mac, Apple’s main stage app is a super cheap way to sample hardware. They bought auto sampler and incorporated it into their product. It’s $30. Great deal plus you get a bunch of killer VA instruments too.

LoboLives

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 10:43:43 PM »

I too would like thoughts on this. I was hoping for something far more comprehensive.

Fingers crossed the final edition of the PX editing/import/mapper offers this. Should be simple, just have the same sample edit screen that you have on the PX itself so that way you can determine the size, Center, start, end, and loop type, etc on each sample you import.

laurentluigi

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 12:39:11 AM »
Sorry guys...but...
a question...
I'm using a PC.
Each time I try to put in the utility sample a .wav folder, it skip it and nothing....
does someone has a trick for me?
I'm f.. lost at this time.
The dream of putting my sample in the Px is close but so far.........!!!!!!!
Please help me !!!!
(I'm waiting the 8dio answer but here...it's more reactive!)
Thanks in advance.

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2018, 02:18:54 AM »
Sorry guys...but...
a question...
I'm using a PC.
Each time I try to put in the utility sample a .wav folder, it skip it and nothing....
does someone has a trick for me?
I'm f.. lost at this time.
The dream of putting my sample in the Px is close but so far.........!!!!!!!
Please help me !!!!
(I'm waiting the 8dio answer but here...it's more reactive!)
Thanks in advance.

make sure the sample is WAV 16bit/48khz ... other wise the utility will skip
PT10/12HD, Logic X, Digital Performer, Vienna Ensemble Pro
cMP 5,1 Catalina; MacBook Pro

laurentluigi

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2018, 03:50:52 AM »
Hello,
I check this tonight !
Thanks a lot!!!
Otherwise, I will check to convert them in 16bit/48khz...

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 04:04:10 AM by laurentluigi »

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2018, 10:20:52 AM »
The mapping layout needs to be zoom-able  Hard to position, see names and move samples easy when its so small all the time

laurentluigi

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2018, 09:54:59 AM »
Hello,
For the moment.... Nothing works...
It skip me all the samples....
It would ne Nice to have a converter included.....
That's my request!!!

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2018, 10:59:03 AM »
I got to use this finally and I'm liking it. One thing I noticed is that some samples sound better in the PX than others do. I'm thinking I should get the editor/librarian now. Looks like I will run out of patch locations before I run out of memory.

the Beta is very basic. It works for me for simple sample patches. But if you really want to dive in deep and work with Velocity layers & Round Robins, the Sample Editor is seriously lacking. At the moment there is no support, and 8DIO didn't clarity if this feature will be supported in the finished sample editor.

I find it very frustrating that 8DIO lack of communication about what the sample editor will eventually become, and which features they are working on.

I think it's a slap in the face for Prophet X owners if they don't include round robins and velocity mapping at all in future editions.

I like Sequential, but 8DIO has been not so stellar in their communication and deadlines etc. I think they are becoming quite unreliable as a company.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 11:01:09 AM by genetic92 »

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2018, 02:01:32 PM »
And again it seems, that Sequential puts their trust on sample-import to third party developers... I really thought they had learned something from the Tempest mistake... this certainly delays any and all thoughts about a Prophet X on my part in the future, until I've seen 8DIO deliver the software that will make EVERYTHING available to the user... if this will not be the case, it stinks of profit mongering by 8DIO...

It was promised to be a release in december... now it's almost january, and all you get is a beta, without any promise on dates for a full working release, if any... I'm beginning to wonder, if this is a tactical decision by 8DIO to get their own banks sold... you certainly have to wonder.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 02:06:32 PM by Razmo »
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2018, 02:10:15 PM »
Maybe Prophet X will end up being a ROM'pler anyway then  ;D
If you need me, follow the shadows...

LoboLives

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2018, 02:48:14 PM »
I haven’t tried the BETA yet but I got some ideas for some samples myself. I still have to update to the latest firmware anyway. As for it taking longer than scheduled...I have patience...I’d much rather them take their time and get some user feedback than rush out a software that might potentially wreck a $5k investment. For now, I can work around things and it hasn’t affected my work negativity.

laurentluigi

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2018, 12:27:39 AM »
It seems That 8Dio have released This Utility Software in hurry....
Commercially, they told us "end of 2018"....
 So they released it!!!
Let's hope they listen to all the commentaries and fix it for "beginning 2019....."
I'm a rookie in computers, I'm a old school analog guy!!!
 This keyboard is fantastic, possibilities are almost infinite, but when i imagine putting my own sample inside.... I become mad!!!!
For two reasons:
1)it will be infinitely infinite !!!!😵
2)nothing works on my computer.....
. The soft skip all my samples....😞

By the way....

Merry Christmas to everyone 🎄

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2018, 12:23:23 PM »
It's better than nothing as far as I'm concerned, better it's released now than later because I'm getting ready for a show soon.

I'm finding that my percussive samples sound better. I have always thought that the percussion in this instrument sounds best for some reason. Not sure why...

It seems That 8Dio have released This Utility Software in hurry....
Commercially, they told us "end of 2018"....
 So they released it!!!
Let's hope they listen to all the commentaries and fix it for "beginning 2019....."
I'm a rookie in computers, I'm a old school analog guy!!!
 This keyboard is fantastic, possibilities are almost infinite, but when i imagine putting my own sample inside.... I become mad!!!!
For two reasons:
1)it will be infinitely infinite !!!!😵
2)nothing works on my computer.....
. The soft skip all my samples....😞

By the way....

Merry Christmas to everyone 🎄

drxcm

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2019, 09:34:36 PM »
Anyone been in touch with 8DIO or Sequential about this?
Is there a development timeline?
When will the software come out of Beta?

The lack of info / progress is somewhat disappointing.

laurentluigi

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2019, 11:21:27 PM »
Hello,
I've ask them few time but they told me to ask Sequential....!!!