Aux envelope 4

Aux envelope 4
« on: December 17, 2018, 12:30:48 AM »
I have a problem understanding how to use the Aux envelopes 4 & 5. I thought I had understood it, but either there is something wrong or I am doing something wrong. I thought they should work in the same way as the Amp envelope but it doesn´t seem so.

I set Aux env 4 to destination Osc 4 Level. Attack is set to longest time value (slow attack). Osc 4 is in the oscillator section set to 0, so I expect a ramp up in level from 0 to the Amount value set for Aux 4.

But what happens is that that the oscillator level immediately goes to the highest value. No slow ramp-up. I would be thankful if someone could explain this to me.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 12:32:26 AM by saxomohawh »

Re: Aux envelope 4
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 01:10:45 AM »
Have you added the modulation with a positive or with a negative amount? Have you set the sustain portion of the envelope high? Have you set a modulation depth?

Sorry if these questions sound patronising, they aren’t intended to, I’m just trying to figure out possible causes.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 01:12:19 AM by Quatschmacher »

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 01:21:06 AM »
Modulation is with a positive amount.
Sustain is high (long).
What is modulation depth?

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 05:10:21 AM »
Modulation is with a positive amount.
Sustain is high (long).
What is modulation depth?

Sorry, “modulation depth” is the same as “modulation amount”, I asked the same thing twice.

Is envelope 4 tied to anything else in the mod matrix?

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 06:08:22 AM »
I will have to double check that, but I don´t think so.

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 09:56:02 AM »

[/quote]
Is envelope 4 tied to anything else in the mod matrix?
[/quote]
No, it is not. I would like to hear from someone who has actually used env 4 with a slow attack setting. For me, the attack time value doesnt have any effect.

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 01:18:54 PM »
Update:
I have tested more, and the only modulation destinations that env 4 works correctly for is oscillator frequency. For all other mod dest the attack setting has no impact. Please prove me wrong, somebody!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 01:35:18 PM by saxomohawh »

jg666

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 01:26:08 PM »
Update:
I have tested more, and the only modulation destinations that env 4 works correctly for is oscillator level. For all other mod dest the attack setting has no impact. Please prove me wrong, somebody!

I’m confused now! Didn’t you say in your first post that it was not working for oscillator level? I had a little play around with it myself and found that the long attack does work for me BUT only if I let the previous note finish completely before hitting the next one. Not sure if there’s a setting to combat this ?
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 01:34:51 PM »
I am sorry, I understand you are confused! I have corrected my mistake now. I should say Oscillator frequency (Not level).

jg666

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 01:44:24 PM »
Does it make any difference if you let the notes decay fully before hitting the next note?
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 10:11:03 AM »
Does it make any difference if you let the notes decay fully before hitting the next note?
No. Does it work for YOU?

jg666

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 10:39:22 AM »
No. Does it work for YOU?

Yes unless I hit the next note when the previous one is still audible. Have you started with an init patch and tried doing it that way just to make sure there’s nothing set up that you were unaware of?

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 11:23:30 AM »
Ok, good to know it should work then. What OS version do you have?

jg666

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 12:31:30 PM »
Ok, good to know it should work then. What OS version do you have?

I’m on the very latest version available :)

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2018, 05:10:43 PM »
saxomohawh,  I haven't had any unexpected issues with env 4 or 5.  Maybe what you are encountering, as far as I understand, the main amp envelope on the paraphonic synth is the limiting denominator, so set it wide open and the adjust env 4 as you wish for an individual osc of your choice.     
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 04:37:11 AM »
saxomohawh,  I haven't had any unexpected issues with env 4 or 5.  Maybe what you are encountering, as far as I understand, the main amp envelope on the paraphonic synth is the limiting denominator, so set it wide open and the adjust env 4 as you wish for an individual osc of your choice.   
The problem is gone but I still dont know what caused it. I checked ALL settings and modultions in the matrix. Then I created the exact same patch from new, and it worked as it should. Did I miss something? Maybe, I dont know...