User Sample Import ready for Dec 2018?

User Sample Import ready for Dec 2018?
« on: December 16, 2018, 04:29:12 PM »
Hey Sequential tech support:

Any insight whether the User Import function will be delivered as planned before year end ? Looking forward with anticipation!!

Re: User Sample Import ready for Dec 2018?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 10:29:48 AM »
I also am highly anticipating user import.  I know 8DIO is supposed to be doing this but Sequential might have to have an update to make the unit work with the software.

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 10:42:08 AM »

Any insight whether the User Import function will be delivered as planned before year end ? Looking forward with anticipation!!

Was released as public beta this morning.
Fantom 7 | Moog One | Pro3 | Summit | OB-X8 | Digitakt | Digitone | Syntakt | Iridium KB | 7u x 104hp Eurorack | H9000 | A&H SQ5 Mixer

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 11:36:31 AM »

Can't see any mention of this on the 8Dio site, any links to join the beta program?

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 11:45:40 AM »

Can't see any mention of this on the 8Dio site, any links to join the beta program?

It's on their front page.  Look closer.
Fantom 7 | Moog One | Pro3 | Summit | OB-X8 | Digitakt | Digitone | Syntakt | Iridium KB | 7u x 104hp Eurorack | H9000 | A&H SQ5 Mixer

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 03:29:51 PM »
You have to give the same email address at the point of "purchase" even though you are already logged in. Then you have to make sure you are logged in under the same email address and click on the conductor. After that point, you will see your serial number. Then you must download and install the 8DIO download manager. Next put your serial number in there. It's a ridiculous amount of work I know...

dslsynth

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 04:15:11 PM »
The video demonstrating the Mapping Utility does not show use of velocity layers. Will velocity layers and other advanced Prophet X/XL sample player features be supported in future versions of the Mapping Utility? If that is not the case will the precise data formats and directory structure for sample imports be documented so that technically skilled customers can use these features?

https://youtu.be/Npnh_qvwQbI
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 04:37:38 PM »
I'm using it and there seems to be no provision for velocity mapping. It's incredibly disappointing. It's Beta still so I would like to know if this is it? Will there be another version with velocity mapping? I'm thinking they won't bother for a free product. I just assumed we would have all the functionality. Is it possible to do mapping with the librarian software? Anyone know?

The video demonstrating the Mapping Utility does not show use of velocity layers. Will velocity layers and other advanced Prophet X/XL sample player features be supported in future versions of the Mapping Utility? If that is not the case will the precise data formats and directory structure for sample imports be documented so that technically skilled customers can use these features?

https://youtu.be/Npnh_qvwQbI

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 04:39:46 PM »
Per 8DIO's response to this:

"The free mapping utility is currently in open BETA. The utility does not offer velocity mapping. For more information or any other queries please get in touch with our support via the Live Chat or through our support email support@8dioDOTcom"
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 05:29:48 AM »
no velocity switches in the mapping utility ? This would be a big disappointement, if in a final release that functionality wasn´t available. One of the main reasons for me to buy the Prophet X is its ability to import custom samples. All my samples I planned to import use velocity switching.
PT10/12HD, Logic X, Digital Performer, Vienna Ensemble Pro
cMP 5,1 Catalina; MacBook Pro

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 09:18:34 AM »
I found that the samples preview in the utility sound different from the original samples...but..once loaded in the PX it sound   ok

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 11:12:42 AM »
Yeah, there is some bad time preserving stretching occurring instead of a simple transpose.  We'll add it to our list.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2018, 07:45:34 AM »
I sent a mail to 8Dio regarding the missing velocity switches in the mapping utility. Here´s the answer ... so there is hope ;-)

"The utility is only in BETA at the moment, we aim to make several improvements and updates before the full release.

We'll be sending out updates to the utility via email.

Let us know if you have any further questions or feedback."
PT10/12HD, Logic X, Digital Performer, Vienna Ensemble Pro
cMP 5,1 Catalina; MacBook Pro