Presets Lights

Bartosz Kwiecinski

• Synths to make and do.
Presets Lights
« on: December 15, 2018, 05:30:23 AM »
Hey folks,

Since the update 1.4.1 I have the Presets lights slightly lightend up. Is it a bug, or a feature? :)

Forbetter understanding there is a picture of the case.

Greets

Re: Presets Lights
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 04:31:38 PM »
I see the same behavior with 1.5.9. Some of the preset lights are dimly lit, some a little brighter than others. The hold, glide, unison and write LEDs have the same issue. It looks like some kind of "bleed through" from other parameters. For example, the unison, glide, hold and preset 0 buttons seem to correspond to different LFO shapes.

I guess it doesn't affect the sound or cause other problems, but it sure does look broken!

Re: Presets Lights
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 10:22:16 PM »
I wrote a support ticket on this (#46209) and here was the reply:

"Due to slight changes in the production of the Prophet-6 we've had to change the code for the LED handling/scanning. In the process we have attempted to emulate the LED behavior of prior OS versions as closely as possible. This is the first report I've received along these line since we released the 1.5.9 OS, in fact. I'll make a note on our internal list to make another pass at this portion of the code next time we revisit the P6 OS. Fortunately there is no functional difference in terms of how your P6 operates (other than the new features included with the 1.5.9 OS). If you would prefer to downgrade, I can provide you with the sysex for the last production OS version."

Looks like it didn't get fixed in v1.6.2.

It's actually pretty annoying when playing in the dark.