EP3 pedal response

EP3 pedal response
« on: December 13, 2018, 04:49:21 AM »
Howdy!

I have a Moog EP3 connnected to my P12, it is the only one I’ve used, and I am curious if it’s behaviour is correct.

Even with its knob turned fully up, and in the mod matrix it’s amount set to + max, it won’t affect a parameter to the fullest extent.  Let’s say I set to filter cutoff, it will not open it all the way unless it is already set relatively high. 

Maybe this is just how it works, but I’m curious if someone more versed with these devices knows if I’m missing something.  I’ve had it for a while but never tried to use it on full amount, and was surprised by its behaviour a tad.

Cheers!

« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 04:54:55 AM by Frocktar »

Re: EP3 pedal response
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 07:12:59 AM »
I’m not sure what the range of the pedal inputs on your synth are. The EP3 is 5V.

You could use DC offset in the mod matrix to boost the amount so that the pedal is able to modulate a parameter to its maximum.

Re: EP3 pedal response
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 06:35:32 PM »
I’m pretty sure the P12s inputs are the same as the Rev2, 5V like the EP3 pedal, which is why i find it behaviour.

As for using DC, I don’t how I’d use that to make the pedal extend its influence on the filter.  The pedal is not a destination in the matrix and if I apply DC to the filter it’s really just going to be the same as opening the filter more right?? (Assuming a + value of course)

***update, never mind, I can of course set DC to a mid slot, forgot about that.

On another note you can set the pedal inputs on the P12 to filter via the global menu too, and then you have the option for half range and full range, so can achieve the same effect that way.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 06:43:05 PM by Frocktar »