Going Out of Tune?

blewis

Going Out of Tune?
« on: December 10, 2018, 06:47:54 PM »
When you guys are working with the Prophet X and recording MIDI, do you find that some random stuff happens that throws the synth out of tune? I'm baffled. I'm having to reset my synth nearly every session because something throws it out of tune. I can't figure out if it's me using the MPC Live or the Prophet X. It doesn't make any sense.

It just happened. No reason. Just suddenly the synth is completely out of tune and I'll have to reboot it. This has happened at least once per session in this song I'm working on.

Not sure how to debug it. It's like an errant pitch wheel message gets stuck or something. But it's not in the list view of the MPC.

Really, really weird.

cbmd

• Sequential
Re: Going Out of Tune?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 09:53:14 PM »
Try running an pitch/mod wheel calibration. 
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 07:15:28 AM »
I've experienced something like this with the Rev 2. I've tracked it down to the Oscillator's semitone setting getting changed somehow by 1 semitone. Now when it happens I go to the Rev 2 editor and toggle the semitone settings and I'm back where I was. It happens randomly and so rarely that I haven't looked into it much. Just a hunch that it might be the same errant midi message changing the semitone settings on the X.
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 02:09:44 PM »
Try running an pitch/mod wheel calibration.

this worked for me. I had that issue. All good now.