How to make this patche ? Help me please !

How to make this patche ? Help me please !
« on: December 07, 2018, 08:43:11 AM »
Hello,
I'm new owner of a Rev2. Can you tell me if it is possible to realise this sound (start at 11"26) of prophet 12 with a Rev2 ? How to do ?
Thanks  :)

https://youtu.be/IUMTaAQ43lY

iJean

Re: How to make this patche ? Help me please !
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 02:04:39 PM »
Hello,
Yes it is possible! Set osc 1 to saw (you can turn off osc 2 or set it to another sound and maybe detune it, or modulate shape with LFO and turn off sub osc) and set envelope. Than just use some filter cutoff (maybe 2 pole) and voila.  :)
You should also turn on Glide and set right value. For the best glide result use Stack A+B and turn B volume down to 0. Than play 8 voices (if you have 16 voice rev2) arpeggiated from bottom to the top. You should get beautifull glide results.  ;)

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 08:51:58 PM »
I'd just use the 3rd envelope to control the pitch for that glide effect so it triggers without having to worry about an arp or voice allocation. Cat, skin, various ways, etc.

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 10:48:14 PM »
As ijean set forth, it should be a pretty straight forward patch to create. 

BTW, the recording quality was amazing!  That sound quality is really difficult to do in a live situation. 
Jim Thorburn .  Toys-  Dave Smith: Prophet 5, Rev 4; Prophet 08; Pro 2; Prophet 12 module; EastWest Orchestral soft synths; Yamaha S-90; Yamaha Montage 8, Yamaha DX-7; KARP Odyssey; Ensoniq ESQ-1.  All run through a Cubase DAW with a Tascam DM-24 board.

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 02:59:28 PM »
Wow ! Many tanks, i'll follow your advice !

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 02:07:09 AM »
I can not build this patch with such finesse. I can not control the glide action :(

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 06:28:58 AM »
What guyguy said would do.

Simple sine(or triangle) wave

Or saw tooth with LFP cutoff down to it matches.

No resonance control needs for this.

For that glide effect,

Use 3rd envelope generator to control osc’s frequency. Give short attack and decay, sustain, release set to zero.

Set env amount to negative until it hit the spot.

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 09:43:41 AM »
As the others have stated, you need to use Envelope 3 to achieve the pitch sweep in the attack. Here's an example of one of my patches that has a very similar pitch sweep in the attack.

https://soundcloud.com/robustamerican/the-sequential-prophet-rev2-volume-i-part-2#t=5:14

I've also attached a slightly different version of that preset here. It's a Sysex file. It's already pretty close to the sound in the video.

Randy

« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 09:54:09 AM by RobustAmerican »

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 10:45:55 AM »
Forgive me if I'm being dense, but are you trying to reproduce the sound of the synth accompaniment that's happening there, or duplicate the envelope-followed filter guitar effect that starts at 11:26?

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 02:33:07 PM »
Forgive me if I'm being dense, but are you trying to reproduce the sound of the synth accompaniment that's happening there, or duplicate the envelope-followed filter guitar effect that starts at 11:26?

I would like to reproduce the sound of Prophet 12.

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 02:34:21 PM »
Thanks, I will try again.

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 01:43:07 AM »
As the others have stated, you need to use Envelope 3 to achieve the pitch sweep in the attack. Here's an example of one of my patches that has a very similar pitch sweep in the attack.

https://soundcloud.com/robustamerican/the-sequential-prophet-rev2-volume-i-part-2#t=5:14

I've also attached a slightly different version of that preset here. It's a Sysex file. It's already pretty close to the sound in the video.

Randy
This patch is very similar, many thanks !

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 06:48:01 AM »

Randy
This patch is very similar, many thanks !

No problem Ben26.  :)