Bluetooth Adapter With the Rev2?

Bluetooth Adapter With the Rev2?
« on: December 02, 2018, 11:02:11 PM »

The Yamaha MD-BT01 Wireless Bluetooth 5-Pin MIDI Adapter looks to be able to allow my Rev2 to control all my iPad synths.  Wondering if anyone here has tried this?  Sounds like a pretty cool idea although it seems to work with some but not all midi keyboards.  Nice little $50 stocking stuffer.  Seasons greets to all!
Beauty Originality Simplicity Sincerity Discrimination

Re: Bluetooth Adapter With the Rev2?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 12:23:18 PM »

The Yamaha MD-BT01 Wireless Bluetooth 5-Pin MIDI Adapter looks to be able to allow my Rev2 to control all my iPad synths.  Wondering if anyone here has tried this?  Sounds like a pretty cool idea although it seems to work with some but not all midi keyboards.  Nice little $50 stocking stuffer.  Seasons greets to all!

I've got one of those, but I haven't tried it on my REV2. It requires power on one of the unused pins, I believe on MIDI In, which isn't a part of the MIDI Spec, so it works on some of my MIDI gear, but not on all. I'm at work right now, but I will try it this evening on my REV2 and let you know.

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 03:04:57 PM »
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with the REV2. It is hit or miss. It doesn't work with my Strymon TimeLine, but does work with an old Berhinger FCB1010.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 09:22:32 PM »
Too bad.  Thanks, Lefty.  Out of 120 viewers, you're the only guy who had the answer.  Cheers!
Beauty Originality Simplicity Sincerity Discrimination

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 09:17:16 AM »
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with the REV2. It is hit or miss. It doesn't work with my Strymon TimeLine, but does work with an old Berhinger FCB1010.

Hey hey, the trusty old FCB1010 scores again.  I use mine regularly to trigger MIDI notes like a Taurus pedal.  I can think of quite a few things to do using an FCB to talk to an iPad...  Thx for find.
Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010