Octave Save

Octave Save
« on: February 16, 2016, 12:35:03 PM »
Hi

New user here. Is it possible to save the octave setting when writing to a preset?
Thanks

Re: Octave Save
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 12:43:15 PM »
Hi

New user here. Is it possible to save the octave setting when writing to a preset?
Thanks

No, the octave setting is a global parameter that won't be saved with each patch. If you want to save altered octave settings I would recommend doing so via the oscillators' frequency parameters.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 12:56:35 PM »
Thanks Paul, great workaround and it's already done. Thanks for the quick reply

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 06:34:55 AM »
I'm not sure that this workaround will hold good for filter tracking settings.
Big synth stuff: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkR38XLkFear5Sf9QypQvA
| Kurzweil Forte | Casio Privia PX 5s | Nord Electro 3 73 | Studiologic Sledge Black| Roland Juno Di | DSI Prophet 6 | Oberheim DPX 1 | EMU Esi 4000 | 2 x Yamaha Tx7 |

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 08:54:51 AM »
I'm not sure that this workaround will hold good for filter tracking settings.

Why shouldn't it?

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 02:15:21 PM »
Well this is more gut feel than definite fact, but here goes:
The filter tracking driven from the combination of octave switching and key pressed.
The Oscillator tracking is driven by octave switching + key pressed + osc frequency.
So if you don't adjust the filter cutoff there is an extra step in the oscillator chain.
If you change the octave of the oscillators using only the osc frequency controls, the filters will still be tracking at the setting of the octave switch. Whereas if you change octaves with the octave switch both the oscillators and the filter will change their tracking.
Big synth stuff: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkR38XLkFear5Sf9QypQvA
| Kurzweil Forte | Casio Privia PX 5s | Nord Electro 3 73 | Studiologic Sledge Black| Roland Juno Di | DSI Prophet 6 | Oberheim DPX 1 | EMU Esi 4000 | 2 x Yamaha Tx7 |