Is there a way to control octave independently on Layer A and B?

First of all. Hi! I'm excited to be part of this community. The Rev2 to is my first true analog synth (my first being the TE OP-1, a digital synth).

Second, just want to tip my had to Sequential for being in my neck of the woods (SF Bay Area) and producing such a wonderfully creative instrument. I am grateful that there are people out there who really care about the products they make in order to make people's lives richer and more enjoyable.

Down to business. This is a potential feature request, but as I am new to the Rev2, so I thought I'd ask here first. I'm hoping this isn't a redundant or annoyingly frequent question:

Can the Rev2's layers have separate octave settings? For example, if I want to play the arp on Layer A of a patch, but I'd like Layer A to exist on the same octave as Layer B, can I do that? I've tried to edit Layer A and B independently with different octave settings but it doesn't work. Layer A is always at a lower octave than B (or vice versa if they are swapped).

If this can't be done, then I'll put in a feature request. It is especially useful when setting up a patch that has rhythmic components on one layer (like an arp or sequence) so that one can play that in the same octave as the unsequenced or unarp'd side. I was finding my custom patch today to not sound great when the arp'd notes where octaves lower than the other layer. I wanted to be able to hold a chord or note (D major for example) at the same octave on the left hand and then play melody in the same octave on the right.

Got a little long winded there, but I hope I got my question across.

Best,

E

Re: Is there a way to control octave independently on Layer A and B?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 11:05:58 PM »
Yes one keyboard shift by voice makes sense especially when shifting the keyboard also shift the keyboard split point to the point you might lose one voice.

panic

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 05:54:44 AM »
So, do I understand you correctly that you are talking about Split mode (left side of the keyboard plays one sound, right side plays another), and you want to pitch up (one or several octaves) only the left hand part? You can do this easily, but you don't use the transpose buttons. Simply change the oscillator(s) frequency in the A-program of the left hand.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 03:35:52 PM »
Yes! That's the kind of solution I needed. Dunno why I didn't think of it myself.

Thank you!